AUTISTIC PEOPLE ON THE (N.A.S.) INTERNET, AND "HOW-TO" USE IT.

I am new to this WHOLE "Internet/post/thread/blog" business... but I am NOT new to being able to write lucidly or how to use computers at all. NAS gives some "rules" but they are not all that clear. Mostly they say that you should do things which 'are okay as if the entire affair were RATED UNDER 15 if it were a classified as a movie'. But AUTISTIC persons like me make mistakes in "INTERNET-MANNER" without realising it... and so this "thread" or whatever invites rules CLARIFYING anything. I hope anyone understands, and "posts" something helpful.
For examples: One *not* stated rule seems to be: DO NOT WRITE IN CAPITAL LETTERS! But there seems to be no other way to emphasise certain words, e.g. no ITALLICS are available.
Another thing I have noticed is that people are very quick to tap the "unlike" button, but are much less likely to tap the "like" button, even in giving a genuine "Thank You", and yet all "views" are counted anyway.
Lastly, on some devices, "hints and tips" flashes up and then disappears so fast, that it is as if it is only there to satisfy "legal reasons" rather than to be helpful to anyone...
...I also attempt to start this "thread/blog" in apology at anyone I have so far "offended" but I don't know WHY OR HOW I did so!
Thus I also appreciate feedback about "understanding" or "hate" in general - for "AUTISTIC people on the Internet" ONLY (not concerning society in general, please)... For even here, on NAS, there seems to be no-place where Autistic Adults THEMSELVES have a forum... or for those "Autistic 'children' who know how to program a computer"...?

Parents
  • If there is no page explaining this already:
    .. Can someone explain what ALL of those "achievements" mean , or/and how to "achieve" them? For instance, there is an "achievement" award for "Ask a question on a forum"... yet it seems to me that an awful lot of people ask an awful lot of each other an awful lot of "question"s... and yet (on my E-Reader at least) "no-one" has "achieved" this "achievement"...

I myself have at least "achieved" the "Discussion Starter" "Award" (...). But for me being occasionally playing video-games upon a separate computer system (I play SKYLANDERS)... this "achievement" system would be yet another thing totally NOT understood by me, and useful to clarify here.

• PS.: The Vote Up thing is presumably to indicate that you like or agree with what someone else has written. On Facebook it's often a collection game and a means of showing bullies that they are popular in order to not become their victim, but here it's mostly quite genuine. So not sure what the benefit of liking one's own comments is.

• About "likes" and "liking"... without punctuation this is going to read as VERY *** in real English - with regards to "liking myself" especially (!).

I cannot upon this e-reader, always see like or dislike. When logged in, it shows up as, for example:

like/unlike. [up arrow] 0 [down arrow]

The number "0" changes if I press either like or dislike (up arrow or down arrow).
    But it also changes if I scroll the screen up or down, or switch pages, or just put the Virtual Keyboard up ...!
    So I can't always follow/understand it. The "home" page is not much help, either.

With regards to liking in general, I suggested in an earlier post to "like" anyone or everyone, please... but on my own device most of the time, what it shows is information concerning MYSELF ONLY: what I liked or disliked, or other dislikes at myself...

With regards to liking myself (...)... I do this because I have noticed that my own "offensive" post ("Dog for Autistic Child") is still much disliked (the number is currently -2 .). And, coupled with seeing that too many ( -2? ) dislikes seems to draw the attention of NAS, then I did not want to be "banned", "thrown off", "deleted" or any of that.

Lastly, even after all of this, I explore much of the entire (NAS) forum and I *still* see people thanking other people very much, and yet the like number is still 0 (zero). I cannot follow it insofar as it all being so contradictory and/or unfair. (--- By thanking and unfair, I mean as in people disliking you and getting thrown off immediately, ...but other people giving a reply saying "Thank You!!!" yet not liking you... that sort of thing.) ん.

• On my phone too replies appear and disappear with no apparent logic, it is better on PC but can still be a bit weird.  Also, the threading may allow me to answer you here easily but the overall lack of clear timeline makes long threads all but impossible to read/follow.

• Pretty much like real life, isn't it? Something doesn't work / isn't right and others may experience the same or not, but either way they don't get the problem, because they decide it isn't of much significance overall, so they can just ignore it and expect us to do the same.

Reply Children
No Data