To Get A Formal Diagnosis or Not? ADVICE please!

I visited my GP yesterday and spoke to her for the first time about Aspie’s. She said that she would refer me if I wanted but posed the question what would it achieve? Or rather what would I want to achieve? What are my reasons for seeking one? 

I need some opinions and experience about self-diagnosis vs formal diagnosis...I have some reasons already which I will inevitably list at some point...

but for now I’m just interested in a general opinion so I can make the choice a little easier...

many thanks for your helps!

Parents
  • Hi Danny.....I have a full time job, a part time job, and am a parent......I could seek diagnosis...but also am not sure what benefit it would bring apart from being able to request adjustments at work and a bit more protection....I seem high functioning and coping....and the waiting time varies a lot x

• Hi Danny.....I have a full time job, a part time job, and am a parent......I could seek diagnosis...but also am not sure what benefit it would bring apart from being able to request adjustments at work and a bit more protection....I seem high functioning and coping....and the waiting time varies a lot x

Children
No Data