Aspie Women (and guest visitors)

Been good to hear from any adult ASD diagnosed women in this forum... or does anyone know any good sites for ASD women? What are your experiences? 

...previous thread clogged as now months into its lifespan) ,.....

Parents
  • Good evening to all. I write this post in light of recent events (5-11-2017).

In my previous post, I stated that I "retract" what I said concerning the differing TITLES of a Thread being the fault of NAS. To retract a statement does *not* imply the *opposite* of the statement...

And then, as I read the "other Threads" I see that they were started by different users (unless what I read is incorrect)? Thus what I mean to say is that, difficulty in following all of this is NOT the fault of any one person in particular.
    (...Although it would certainly help if NAS showed Timelines and/or Authors (Starters), upon that "Related" bar, but they do not.)

The fact that I started a thread and then called the next one by the same name +"#2" was suggested to me by another member (Oktanol).

--------------

Another topic altogether. As I read the previous Threads, it seemed to me that they were maintained as if to keep them from dropping into obscurity... that is, *DAILY postings*, kept them pertinent and in public view, to best attract NEW visitors. If I am correct in that assumption, then although I may understand it, I could never do this for myself... my devices are too old/slow, and, well, as you can see, my mannerisms would scare off a lot of persons (!).

Anyone who understands this post, and replies to it... as usual, I am grateful, and please do not tell me off too harshly for any erroneous presumption. Thank you kindly. That is all for now.

• Good evening to all. I write this post in light of recent events (5-11-2017).

In my previous post, I stated that I "retract" what I said concerning the differing TITLES of a Thread being the fault of NAS. To retract a statement does *not* imply the *opposite* of the statement...

And then, as I read the "other Threads" I see that they were started by different users (unless what I read is incorrect)? Thus what I mean to say is that, difficulty in following all of this is NOT the fault of any one person in particular.
    (...Although it would certainly help if NAS showed Timelines and/or Authors (Starters), upon that "Related" bar, but they do not.)

The fact that I started a thread and then called the next one by the same name +"#2" was suggested to me by another member (Oktanol).

--------------

Another topic altogether. As I read the previous Threads, it seemed to me that they were maintained as if to keep them from dropping into obscurity... that is, *DAILY postings*, kept them pertinent and in public view, to best attract NEW visitors. If I am correct in that assumption, then although I may understand it, I could never do this for myself... my devices are too old/slow, and, well, as you can see, my mannerisms would scare off a lot of persons (!).

Anyone who understands this post, and replies to it... as usual, I am grateful, and please do not tell me off too harshly for any erroneous presumption. Thank you kindly. That is all for now.

Children
  • Yes indeed you have made assumptions but as that is how we try to make sense of things that’s to be expected. The different titles of the threads you mentioned were for the women using this threads convenience , to differentiate them from each other even though they follow on from one another. I don’t suppose it occurred to us to name them the same with consecutive numbers added. Afterall it’s our forum and we can title threads as we choose. 

The only reason there was a daily update was that the threads got too long in conversation and it was easier for those participating to have shorter more frequent ones so they could be read more easily. A small group of women came to the forum about the same time. We hadn’t joined a forum before and were more confident chatting to other women and we hadn’t chatted to others about our autism before so we were learning a lot about ourselves and each other.  We then started to participate in and start other threads on other topics but initially it was important as a base to be women together.Other new to the forum , new to asd women found it a natural place to start too and so joined in which was great. We also wanted a place to be ourselves and not necessarily follow conventions of threads and forums and if we went off topic that was fine amongst our group. Other threads were started for the express purpose of chatting as we wanted about anything because several threads got hijacked into general chat which some forum users didn’t like. We wanted to remain chatting so we started chat threads which anyone could join in as a place to relax whilst maintaining specific threads on topic which I think suited everyone better. I hope this answers your queries.