Aspie Women (and guest visitors)

Been good to hear from any adult ASD diagnosed women in this forum... or does anyone know any good sites for ASD women? What are your experiences? 

...previous thread clogged as now months into its lifespan) ,.....

Parents
  • Unfortunately with me it's the other way around, maybe mature inside (well, now and then), but child on the outside, with not much from the inside shining through...

Anyway, have nothing to contribute to this myself but needed a little break today so asked Web of Science what it thinks about Autism AND Menopause. Well, after the autistic bees yesterday I expected at least a handful of relevant hits, but no, nothing - four papers that aren't really about that subject...Guess that says a lot, I mean, people study all sorts of things, even the most unlikely ones...

• Unfortunately with me it's the other way around, maybe mature inside (well, now and then), but child on the outside, with not much from the inside shining through...

Anyway, have nothing to contribute to this myself but needed a little break today so asked Web of Science what it thinks about Autism AND Menopause. Well, after the autistic bees yesterday I expected at least a handful of relevant hits, but no, nothing - four papers that aren't really about that subject...Guess that says a lot, I mean, people study all sorts of things, even the most unlikely ones...

Children
  • That’s really interesting as I have read research that we can act a normal self until those strategies fail...in the case puberty or menopausal and the hormonal shifts that they can trigger can over highlight the ASD and can increase melt down,s shutdowns etc . Thank you for joining in, btw x