My first post (changes in life how do people cope)

Hi :) Hope everybody is well. I've had asperger's well diagnosed about 22 years ago (35 now)

Now there's been a change in my home circumstances (still live with my folks) but that's about to change. How did people.............handle it? (if they had these sort of things going on in their life) I know...............I have been struggling to be honest (Not going to deny that) especially with all the delay's i've had with this (had pretty bad thoughts I won't go into) I got a call the other day though saying that something had finally been found (looks like I have accepted) but now that's going to likely cause other anxiety's in me you know dealing with the rent erm...........money side of the situation and obviously how to look after myself (I have been promised support though but not sure as to what extent it will be at the moment)

Hope this sounds all OK...................?

Parents
  • Hi everyone. I hope you are well. I apologise for not getting back to anyone on here. Things have moved on for me quite dramatically. I have had my bad days and my good days but the last week or so well 2 and a half weeks have been like whoah. For a start I have had some frustrations (my support assessment got cancelled once was rescheduled for 2 days later that did annoy me as I do like my routine and plans) but that has happened and what not. This week though has been the one. I had had another bad day on Tuesday so I did email my contact whose dealing with this to find out what is happening. Thursday (Yesterday) My contact and her well one of her assistants met me at the house and I viewed it for the first time. I've completely fallen in love with it. The living room and my bedroom are huge and I have a wetroom type of shower so minimal cleaning will be required. I have said though that I would rather wait and move in (let the council discuss the community grants to fill up my house with furniture and carpets) and wait to I get certain things sorted out (my gas and electricity tarriff and broadband which I discovered I can get virgin media where I am so that will make a dramatic difference) and also I was given the keys to the place too. Today (Friday) I had another meeting to get my ESA sorted (increase that by 15 per week a extra 60 a month) that will help quite a bit too. All positive moves. I am now awaiting to hear from someone from the simon community (a local charity in Glasgow) to carry out another assessment with me to get all the support from their end set in motion. All in all I am a lot happier than I have been in such a liong time.

• All sounds good,well done for getting through all of that,you are amazing.Enjoy your new freedom,just remember there is a lot of new things in your life,just take it one step at a time,even when things look impossibly hard you will cope,I have no doubt.

well done you.

• All sounds good,well done for getting through all of that,you are amazing.Enjoy your new freedom,just remember there is a lot of new things in your life,just take it one step at a time,even when things look impossibly hard you will cope,I have no doubt.

well done you.

Children