My first post (changes in life how do people cope)

Hi :) Hope everybody is well. I've had asperger's well diagnosed about 22 years ago (35 now)

Now there's been a change in my home circumstances (still live with my folks) but that's about to change. How did people.............handle it? (if they had these sort of things going on in their life) I know...............I have been struggling to be honest (Not going to deny that) especially with all the delay's i've had with this (had pretty bad thoughts I won't go into) I got a call the other day though saying that something had finally been found (looks like I have accepted) but now that's going to likely cause other anxiety's in me you know dealing with the rent erm...........money side of the situation and obviously how to look after myself (I have been promised support though but not sure as to what extent it will be at the moment)

Hope this sounds all OK...................?

Parents
  • Hi,

It's a big step, but something you must go through. I left home when I was really young, although I had an abusive father, so it was my escape, and that felt wonderful. I too was scared of rent, it is good to keep on top of your bank statements. Try and stick to one bank account and one savings account, have the savings account with a different bank. If there's some problem with your main account (card stolen), then you have some backup finances to tide you by until replacement card turns up. I would  Check them every month, and work what budget you have for living expense and you will need a bit more spare cash for unexpected things. When you have some confidence with your budget, start moving some cash to your savings account, but make sure you keep a reasonable balance (float) in your main account to avoid charges if you go overdrawn. Try and get an overdraft, then if you do go overdrawn, the charges will be much lower. Try and get your rent payment date to tie up just after a pay date

Just some suggestions

Random

• Hi,

It's a big step, but something you must go through. I left home when I was really young, although I had an abusive father, so it was my escape, and that felt wonderful. I too was scared of rent, it is good to keep on top of your bank statements. Try and stick to one bank account and one savings account, have the savings account with a different bank. If there's some problem with your main account (card stolen), then you have some backup finances to tide you by until replacement card turns up. I would  Check them every month, and work what budget you have for living expense and you will need a bit more spare cash for unexpected things. When you have some confidence with your budget, start moving some cash to your savings account, but make sure you keep a reasonable balance (float) in your main account to avoid charges if you go overdrawn. Try and get an overdraft, then if you do go overdrawn, the charges will be much lower. Try and get your rent payment date to tie up just after a pay date

Just some suggestions

Random

Children
No Data