This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Environment - What Might Help

Hi,

I wondered if it might be interesting to discuss environment. By this I mean how this could affect us both positively or create difficulties. 

My understanding is ASD is genetic (do correct me if I'm wrong), but I also think there are important contributory environmental factors. My reason for thinking this is only based on my personal experience. 

There have been times in my life where I've felt centered (sp?), as if there was an equilibrium and at I was at peace. Free of autism. These have been sustained periods, years. I'm not describing these times to be free of problems either. 

But my environment, overall, felt like a good match to me. I'm thinking about my time when I lived in South Africa (7 - 8 years) as an adult. 

I realise that I strive for simplicity and a frugal lifestyle. Currently I live in London and run my own business (art). I have quite a lot of responsibilities but generally I'm okay with those but what can upset the balance is if my home foundation is not right. 

For me, that is the start point. The types of things I put high value on include aesthetics, quietness, being outdoors, nature and my dog. But at the same time feeling as if I'm part of a community and contributing. I probably describe a rural life and that's what I'm trying to achieve. 

I'm interested to hear your own experiences. 

Parents
  • Dear all community users,

The moderators have decided to lock this conversation as it is contravening the rules of the community:

'Rule 4 - Be nice to one another and enjoy chatting with others. We encourage conversation and respectful debate; however, insulting posts or comments making personal jibes will not be tolerated.'

Please note that the moderators are here to help and support all community users. If you would like to report any issues or if you have any questions about anything that is said on the community then you are welcome to contact us: community.manager@nas.org.uk 

We want to encourage a positive and an accepting community and rely on you, the community members, for this.

Thank you for your understanding.

• Dear all community users,

The moderators have decided to lock this conversation as it is contravening the rules of the community:

'Rule 4 - Be nice to one another and enjoy chatting with others. We encourage conversation and respectful debate; however, insulting posts or comments making personal jibes will not be tolerated.'

Please note that the moderators are here to help and support all community users. If you would like to report any issues or if you have any questions about anything that is said on the community then you are welcome to contact us: community.manager@nas.org.uk 

We want to encourage a positive and an accepting community and rely on you, the community members, for this.

Thank you for your understanding.

Children
No Data