Abuse.

I have been diagnosed with ASD, I live alone and for the past couple of years, find myself mostly very isolated. I feel that my ASD is quite obvious and, consequently, seems to draw a lot of very negative attention. Going shopping, have a coffee in a coffee shop, are quite excruciating. From open stares, to verbal abuse. I was wondering if anyone else experiences this, on a daily basis, or at all?  

Parents
  • Thank you Martian Tom and Starbuck, it's good to know that I am not alone in feeling this way. I also was diagnosed two years ago, after many years of trying to understand why I seemed to be so different. I do go into coffee shops alone, I don't let negative people stop me. Also, I think it is important to remember there will always be good people out there. Thank you for your answers, and making me feel welcome.

• Thank you Martian Tom and Starbuck, it's good to know that I am not alone in feeling this way. I also was diagnosed two years ago, after many years of trying to understand why I seemed to be so different. I do go into coffee shops alone, I don't let negative people stop me. Also, I think it is important to remember there will always be good people out there. Thank you for your answers, and making me feel welcome.

Children
No Data