Abuse.

I have been diagnosed with ASD, I live alone and for the past couple of years, find myself mostly very isolated. I feel that my ASD is quite obvious and, consequently, seems to draw a lot of very negative attention. Going shopping, have a coffee in a coffee shop, are quite excruciating. From open stares, to verbal abuse. I was wondering if anyone else experiences this, on a daily basis, or at all?  

Parents
  • Hi there... and welcome to a safe environment.  You'll find many people here who share your issues.

I was only diagnosed two years ago, aged 56, after a lifetime of the kinds of problems you express. 

I also live alone, out of preference - although I do not feel so isolated now that I have an online community on social media and forums like this one.   I hope this can also help you to feel less alone.

Take a look around at some of the threads.  As I said, you'll find many kindred spirits here.

And please don't feel afraid to ask questions and to say what's on your mind.  We're all in this together.

Best wishes,

Tom

• Hi there... and welcome to a safe environment.  You'll find many people here who share your issues.

I was only diagnosed two years ago, aged 56, after a lifetime of the kinds of problems you express. 

I also live alone, out of preference - although I do not feel so isolated now that I have an online community on social media and forums like this one.   I hope this can also help you to feel less alone.

Take a look around at some of the threads.  As I said, you'll find many kindred spirits here.

And please don't feel afraid to ask questions and to say what's on your mind.  We're all in this together.

Best wishes,

Tom

Children
No Data