Hello - newbie here

Hello everyone. Wave

Recently joined this community through the advice of a support worker and I received my diagnosis of HF Autism earlier this year.

I have found the whole process a bit of a roller-coaster in that it has been isolating at times, emotional, reassuring and overwhelming at various stages - not to mention exhausting.  I'd reached a point where I was struggling to accept certain aspects of who I am and felt I couldn't explain what I was going through or relate to anyone around me.  My support worker recommended I turn to this community to see that I was not alone and that other people were experiencing and learning to cope with the challenges I was facing, as well as overcoming them or at least managing them better.

I am happy to say that you all seem a lovely lot who I can relate to well, so for that I say thank you for making me feel less like an alien in a human world! Blush

Parents
  • You certainly aren't alone, Starbuck!  Glad you're liking it here.

If you feel like talking about your struggles anytime, we're all here to listen - and advise, if there's any help we can give. 

It helps to talk, as we've all found.

See you around.

All the best,

Tom

• You certainly aren't alone, Starbuck!  Glad you're liking it here.

If you feel like talking about your struggles anytime, we're all here to listen - and advise, if there's any help we can give. 

It helps to talk, as we've all found.

See you around.

All the best,

Tom

Children
  • Hi Starbuck

welcome to the crew.....hope we can help you feel more supported and less isolated. I have just self-diagnosed over the last month and can agree that it does cause an emotional and psychological shift which can be unsettling....I am reassured that this does past once you've put all your ducks back in a row.,,and checked yourself over...

i have no support myself at home but have pestered the people here over the last few weeks and not only are they very tolerant (thank you Martian and Spotty, and not forgetting Misfit et al).....but very very lovely...

don't be a stranger