exercise

I hate being outside, that is why i got myself a dog myself a dog. yep to force my but outside in to the unknowing.  it gets me out to meet other dog walkers, and the the satisfaction to see my fur baby happy.

I struggle keeping motivated. i want to get fit with another human, but i am in total melt down if i plan to go to a club. so I work out alone with dvds.  at the mo i stopped, well i rather be eating and sleeping my troubles away.

but i've been invited to tough mudder 2018 next year by a dog walking pal and pretty mudder by a work colleges 14 year old daughter , i get on better with kids lol. wont to wear a rabbit oneis LOL! so thinking at T25 work out 25 mins aday. dont sound to back right.

how do you cop with motivation? the get up and go Slight smile

• That's interesting.  I have a harness for my cat, but she doesn't like it and kicks it off.  That one you've got looks more practical.  I got mine in a pet shop for about £8.  It looks a bit like a hammock - strapping between her front legs and over her back.  It's big enough, but it seems to inhibit her front legs.

• I can see where you are coming from. I can relate to a few situations. I find exercise helps me a lot to moderate my moods and calm me down, but the challenge is keeping motivated to exercise. I exercise alone and find it difficult to join an exercise group or class. In terms of motivation I use a technique for when running. So if I normally run 4-5 miles and this day I feel in-motivated I will tell myself I can just run a small distance. This gives me permission to do some exercise and I often find that after running for a while I can run longer. I also have to remind myself of how I feel after exercising. 

With regards to different exercise I often think that it would be good to engage in a sport where the participation is for enjoyment and not fitness. The reason I say this is, when we enjoy something we often forget that we are getting exercise and fitness at the same time. I am trying to build up the courage to do something like this as I feel there are many activities that can be used for fitness and exercise. Another thing is when you do the same exercise over and over again it can lose its appeal. I once did a similar dvd exercise programme. It got me fit very quick, but I only lasted 3 weeks due to losing the appeal. I follow a lot of routines and structures, but when it comes to exercise I need a bit of change to remain interested.

Hopefully that helps

• My cat (Asbo) is harness trained. It took him about 4 attempts to realise the new normal was harness to go outside. Cat walking is very different from dog walking. If you want training tips Catmantoo has great YouTube clips

de

• I believe that exercise should be fun as well as getting fit. I like aqua aerobics as that's exercise , but doesn't feel like it. I can't have a dog where I live, but I;ve got a cat and one day I bought a harness for my cat, Sassy, put it on her and she looked at me as if to say "I'm not a dog" , just a friend did say about getting a harness and lead for Sassy. I do seem to have an affinity with dogs and cats, as nearly always get dogs come to me to say hello or for some fuss!!! I'm not a great fan of walking, but having a dog does seem to make walking  more fun!!!  

• I've found a gym a couple of year ago which understands neurodiverse individuals. Their senior trainer has worked with DCD kids. The owner is pretty quirky himself. I can think of at least 5 diagnosed ND people there and no one blinks if I'm wearing ear plugs, but the guys tease me it's so I have an excuse to ignore their motivational chit chat.

It's worth making a well-being diary during your training and noting if being fit improves your quality of life. Only you can measure your version of "feeling better" and the diary lets you have a concurrent record. I hate exercise but I have categorical evidence I'm less impaired when I'm fit, so I make time (and space).