Adult transition and supported living

My son is an 18year old boy with autism spectrum disorder and current in college three time  a week. I just wanted to know if any parent on this forum is accounting difficulties in organising  support during transition to adulthood. Especially on a community level and reservation in support their youngster to live independently. I'm finding quite stressful to constantly chasing agency and government department and also organising activity, with a lot of self funding.

• well, I had to go to my Gp surgery for help, and have been referral to the council social team. But has all parent know it a paper filling exercise and very exhausting and stressful, with no definite result. you will notice that all government service will tell you, that they can only do so much and there is no funding. Some support will be parent own initiative, of persist following up email and phone call. I got my son involved in the national citizen service. They are very supportive to certain extent. They will provide young adult with learning disabilty with support, when they are involve in their activities and workshop. But as a parent, you have to do all the ground work and organising contact. My son also get involve with a charity call ambition to autism, as a youth patron. That allow him have a platform  to understand his condition a bit more, but again as parent, you will still need to organise their diary and make sure they make it at meeting and activities. They have been quite supportive, in part because it's run by young people with the same condition and they know the difficult, they encounter on a daily basis. The general impression I get, if as a parent you sit and wait for government agency  to get support  nothing will happen. The charity for learning disability adult, can do as much as they can, with the little fund they got. In term of independence, I've found it quite difficult, there some information on different website, but it up to the parent to make your own research.

• Hi, same here, it seems that at 18 there nothing for them, it's a particular age, they get bored with older people in support groups for adults 

Or it's hard to find support for some help about they independence. 

Any idea here??