A Strange Fantasy

People on the spectrum, often those diagnosed in adulthood, have said they feel as if they don't belong on this planet. I love planet Earth and her animals but, if only The Doctor really were to exist, I'd gladly take the chance to travel to, and live on, a different planet where I would be accepted.

Part of me wants to write fanfiction about this but it may upset me because there's no way this fantasy could come true. 

Parents
  • There are planets you can visit whilst remaining on this one.  It's knowing where to look for them.

It's why I write.  I can create another world in my head and go live there for a while.

In some ways, I like feeling like an alien.  It gives me a new perspective on life.  Turns the whole thing on its head.

• There are planets you can visit whilst remaining on this one.  It's knowing where to look for them.

It's why I write.  I can create another world in my head and go live there for a while.

In some ways, I like feeling like an alien.  It gives me a new perspective on life.  Turns the whole thing on its head.

Children
  • Yes, I find my "special interests" can work very much like this.  I have often said to people, even long before I was diagnosed, that when I'm creating art/music or writing computer code, I am not just "doing something", I am "going somewhere."  They go beyond being simply hobbies - they are my sanctuaries.