A Strange Fantasy

People on the spectrum, often those diagnosed in adulthood, have said they feel as if they don't belong on this planet. I love planet Earth and her animals but, if only The Doctor really were to exist, I'd gladly take the chance to travel to, and live on, a different planet where I would be accepted.

Part of me wants to write fanfiction about this but it may upset me because there's no way this fantasy could come true. 

Parents
  • have always been aware of the difference, or something different, as far back as i can remember. often 'feel' 'alien', or 'other', or that i'm on the wrong planet or shouldn't be here or am here by mistake.

as for writing, why not? i say go for it. i don't think there's anything wrong in exploring an idea on one's own terms; even if it is sad or unhappy. sometimes writing can be cathartic. and there is a vast legacy of sci-fi writing and writers who explore ideas of 'other' - some of the best ideas surrounding idenity and alter-identity have been explored through sci-fi eg. the replicants in bladerunner, mutants in x-men. alternative worlds one only has to look at things like star trek or star wars. all sci-fi explores philosophy in an analogus or homologus framework. i'm sure people would love to read whatever you wrote. 

• have always been aware of the difference, or something different, as far back as i can remember. often 'feel' 'alien', or 'other', or that i'm on the wrong planet or shouldn't be here or am here by mistake.

as for writing, why not? i say go for it. i don't think there's anything wrong in exploring an idea on one's own terms; even if it is sad or unhappy. sometimes writing can be cathartic. and there is a vast legacy of sci-fi writing and writers who explore ideas of 'other' - some of the best ideas surrounding idenity and alter-identity have been explored through sci-fi eg. the replicants in bladerunner, mutants in x-men. alternative worlds one only has to look at things like star trek or star wars. all sci-fi explores philosophy in an analogus or homologus framework. i'm sure people would love to read whatever you wrote. 

Children
No Data