Useful Asperger's Website?

Hi all,

I'm doing a home study course in 'Understanding Autism', and in the 'Useful Further Information' section at the back of the course booklet it mentions The Asperger's Syndrome Foundation.

I've just looked at their website and it contains lots of useful stuff, including information sheets covering getting a diagnosis, employment issues, career ideas, anger management, associated mental health issues, advocacy, sensory issues, etc.

May be worth a look if you haven't come across it before.

www.aspergerfoundation.org.uk/

Parents
  • I'm afraid i found this site appalling though I know you recommend it in good faith.

It refers to us as having a disorder, having dysfunctional brains and is happy to countenance that we are more criminally inclined that the rest of the population.

The site is for parents and there is no indication that any autistic person is involved in running or advising. It purports to 'help' us. I can do without that sort of patronising and ill-informed aid.

Nothing about us without us!

• I'd just like to say that the "Nothing About Us Without Us! is about to be transalated into Latin and put on a Tee-Shirt whch I am looking forward to wearing!

• "nihil de nobis sine nobis"

Reply Children
No Data