Useful Asperger's Website?

Hi all,

I'm doing a home study course in 'Understanding Autism', and in the 'Useful Further Information' section at the back of the course booklet it mentions The Asperger's Syndrome Foundation.

I've just looked at their website and it contains lots of useful stuff, including information sheets covering getting a diagnosis, employment issues, career ideas, anger management, associated mental health issues, advocacy, sensory issues, etc.

May be worth a look if you haven't come across it before.

www.aspergerfoundation.org.uk/

Parents
  • clovis said:

I'd invite you to consider if the phrase from your diagnostic report wasn't a cut and paste stock phrase that gets put in the diagnostic reports of all autistic people passing through that particular unit.

I do.  Except that it's right in every way.

On the plus side, I've published a novel (which most people haven't achieved) and won many prizes for my poetry and short fiction. I have a degree (late attained) in English and American Literature, a Mensa-tested IQ of 148... and a minimum-wage job, caring for people with learning disabilities.  I have a better natural aptitude for the job than most NTs - even those with years of experience and training.

• clovis said:

I'd invite you to consider if the phrase from your diagnostic report wasn't a cut and paste stock phrase that gets put in the diagnostic reports of all autistic people passing through that particular unit.

I do.  Except that it's right in every way.

On the plus side, I've published a novel (which most people haven't achieved) and won many prizes for my poetry and short fiction. I have a degree (late attained) in English and American Literature, a Mensa-tested IQ of 148... and a minimum-wage job, caring for people with learning disabilities.  I have a better natural aptitude for the job than most NTs - even those with years of experience and training.

Children
No Data