Being gay

Any other gay guys out there? We always seem to have a slightly different take on things - usually more practical AND more entertaining - than our straight friends. What's the take on being gay and autistic?

Parents
  • Hi Topskin,

In answer to your first question, there are undoubtedly gay guys "out there", as well as other LGBT+ people - I met some last Summer, and last month. I don't feel in a position to comment much on the latter part of your post, but the one example I can clear bring to mind is of a young autistic person who was raining to be a hairdresser. I have met quite a few other people through a previous work role, but it wouldn't be appropriate for me to highlight characteristics of these people. I just wanted to post to make it known that there are others, even if people are not choosing to post here about being gay.

There is an old post on the forum about someone setting up an LGBT/autism facebook group, though that wasn't functioning last year. My guess is that there will be other such facebook groups, if you weren't getting the level of response you're looking for on here. Also, Wrong Planet (mainly US based) has an LGBT section.

Welcome to the community.

• Hi Topskin,

In answer to your first question, there are undoubtedly gay guys "out there", as well as other LGBT+ people - I met some last Summer, and last month. I don't feel in a position to comment much on the latter part of your post, but the one example I can clear bring to mind is of a young autistic person who was raining to be a hairdresser. I have met quite a few other people through a previous work role, but it wouldn't be appropriate for me to highlight characteristics of these people. I just wanted to post to make it known that there are others, even if people are not choosing to post here about being gay.

There is an old post on the forum about someone setting up an LGBT/autism facebook group, though that wasn't functioning last year. My guess is that there will be other such facebook groups, if you weren't getting the level of response you're looking for on here. Also, Wrong Planet (mainly US based) has an LGBT section.

Welcome to the community.

Children
No Data