Getting a Job

Isnt it really unfair that employers turn people away because they have HFA or Asperger syndrome?? 

I believe there isnt a lot of support from the UK government when it comes to tackling job employment for the disabled. Would i be right in saying that??

Who on here actually has a part-time or full-time job?

Parents
  • I am trying not to be personal or judgemental, and I am aware of the figures. However, this thread began by saying that employers turn away people if they have AS or Asperger's Syndrome.

What I'm trying to do is to present the issues broken down into perspectives. To get any discrimination addressed we need to be able to present accurate data.

My fundamental question is: are people being outrightly refused jobs because they are on the spectrum? That can be addressed (not easily) on grounds of anti discrimination legislation.

Or is the problem that those on the spectrum are unable to keep jobs due simply to the disability?

Or is this something in between?

Could we look at this in wider terms than just individual's perceptions around their own situation?

• I am trying not to be personal or judgemental, and I am aware of the figures. However, this thread began by saying that employers turn away people if they have AS or Asperger's Syndrome.

What I'm trying to do is to present the issues broken down into perspectives. To get any discrimination addressed we need to be able to present accurate data.

My fundamental question is: are people being outrightly refused jobs because they are on the spectrum? That can be addressed (not easily) on grounds of anti discrimination legislation.

Or is the problem that those on the spectrum are unable to keep jobs due simply to the disability?

Or is this something in between?

Could we look at this in wider terms than just individual's perceptions around their own situation?

Children
No Data