Claiming ESA and PIP diagnosed with Aspergers

Has anyone diganosed with Autism or Aspergers been sucessful in their claim with ESA or PIP? I claimed PIP but I wasn't sucessful I am going through the appeal process. 

I have since found too, I could quite possibly be entiled to ESA as how much my aspergers impacts my life in so many ways going back as far as pre-school. 

Does anyone have any experiences advice or pointers that they could give me. I have read online there is a certain group you have to go to if you claim ESA can the DWP do that with someone with aspergers Syndrome is claiming? As part of their disablity is socializing, change, things out of the blue and coping with life outside of the house. 

Thank you.

Parents
  • the ES50 form was sent to me this week, have until February 10th to sort it out. Keep saying this but away from this procedure this isn't the way I think about or am growing with this at all, being away from certain environments and having time and space to deal with things and gain perspective is the way, iv learned and grown so much over the past two years by not having those NT situations, and in no way does that mean it's all great anyway, it's just that I'm in a better space. 

The thing with that though is you can almost forget how things are in those environments as the focus is drawn to what works or doesn't (There is big PTSD from being in situations with no knowledge then of any different, knew nothing of this "medically" until A few years ago). An example would be going to a supermarket today, I still have to go up and down stairs, pick things up and down, not step on cracks, open the car door again and again before I am even there, and the deal with flashbacks to situations when I was on a retail job (again PTSD) and the feelings from that when I'm in a store. There's still walking up and down aisles, forwards and backwards etc, but again because there Is time and space I can deal with it as I am in my own space, then if things have been crazy I can home. 

Communicating wise it's a similar thing, I can talk, and even overtalk in some situations, but the in others shut down or become repetitive or just want to break away ifs not comfortable. Social games or falsities (a bit like this whole form procedure!) are not comfortable, office talk or not being straight or honest again can bring anxiety and discomfort. But again, now there's time and space, so I can leave the house but it's all on my terms if I do or not, and if I'm drained I have space to deal with it, if I'm up awake in bed forever turning and getting out and back in and don't sleep till 4am (regular) I don't have to get up until I wake naturally.

There are a load of things like this, it's getting the Right ones in the right way, as can almost say too much or nothing relevant at all. Guess that's the "invisible" part of it, and also why the WRAG is not what I'm looking to be a part of. Even now I take for granted that having to go the JSA once a for isn't cause anxiety as soon as id left the building Until I had to go again! Last week a,l this information caused that much buildup I was sick for a whole night!

Any thoughts on all of this would be appreciated, alothugh I live at home I deal with this on my own, mum and dad do not know and don't have to in this way (again communication!).

Thanks

• the ES50 form was sent to me this week, have until February 10th to sort it out. Keep saying this but away from this procedure this isn't the way I think about or am growing with this at all, being away from certain environments and having time and space to deal with things and gain perspective is the way, iv learned and grown so much over the past two years by not having those NT situations, and in no way does that mean it's all great anyway, it's just that I'm in a better space. 

The thing with that though is you can almost forget how things are in those environments as the focus is drawn to what works or doesn't (There is big PTSD from being in situations with no knowledge then of any different, knew nothing of this "medically" until A few years ago). An example would be going to a supermarket today, I still have to go up and down stairs, pick things up and down, not step on cracks, open the car door again and again before I am even there, and the deal with flashbacks to situations when I was on a retail job (again PTSD) and the feelings from that when I'm in a store. There's still walking up and down aisles, forwards and backwards etc, but again because there Is time and space I can deal with it as I am in my own space, then if things have been crazy I can home. 

Communicating wise it's a similar thing, I can talk, and even overtalk in some situations, but the in others shut down or become repetitive or just want to break away ifs not comfortable. Social games or falsities (a bit like this whole form procedure!) are not comfortable, office talk or not being straight or honest again can bring anxiety and discomfort. But again, now there's time and space, so I can leave the house but it's all on my terms if I do or not, and if I'm drained I have space to deal with it, if I'm up awake in bed forever turning and getting out and back in and don't sleep till 4am (regular) I don't have to get up until I wake naturally.

There are a load of things like this, it's getting the Right ones in the right way, as can almost say too much or nothing relevant at all. Guess that's the "invisible" part of it, and also why the WRAG is not what I'm looking to be a part of. Even now I take for granted that having to go the JSA once a for isn't cause anxiety as soon as id left the building Until I had to go again! Last week a,l this information caused that much buildup I was sick for a whole night!

Any thoughts on all of this would be appreciated, alothugh I live at home I deal with this on my own, mum and dad do not know and don't have to in this way (again communication!).

Thanks

Children
No Data