Any people over 40 on here ?

Hi my name is Sylvia - I am yet to be diagnosed - still waiting after 1yr 3mths - but have 4 more in the family  diagnosed about 2 years ago - who all went private - my daughter is just beginning her journey on the assessment - I am 57 and I am 99% sure that I am withing the Aspergers Spectrum and just wondered if you get more tired - I have worked since I was 15 - we had to in those days - there were many problems along the way - I now find that I dont want to go to work - my body is able but my brain lacks motivation - I have to go back next weekend - I work 2 nights although it should be 3 - I am just tired and feel happier now closer to home - how does anyonelse cope with this? I also would like to make interesting friends cos I am so bored by my old ones, and I do not say this lightly - I have known them for over 15 years, and have broken away from them - they dont talk, they dont want to get on in life - I am still going in for my Degree in Counselling this year and also waiting to find out if I can be a Registered Childminder again - and they dont laugh and have no sense of humour - I like the different things in life - Sylvia

Parents
  • I am 61, Sylvia.

I suspect the tiredness is just what happens as you get older. I took early retirement from my job at 56 because I was finding it harder and harder. Also at that time my youngest son (AS) was going through a really bad patch and the stress of that was making doing my job more difficult.

Sounds as though you are actually doing really well if you are doing a degree. 27 years in my job have made me too tired to study.

I have read "Aspergirls" and I am pretty sure I have a lot of features of AS, but I don't feel the need for a diagnosis.It just helps me understand why some things have always been difficult for me. It has also helped my son because he can just say "Mum's having an Aspie moment".

• I am 61, Sylvia.

I suspect the tiredness is just what happens as you get older. I took early retirement from my job at 56 because I was finding it harder and harder. Also at that time my youngest son (AS) was going through a really bad patch and the stress of that was making doing my job more difficult.

Sounds as though you are actually doing really well if you are doing a degree. 27 years in my job have made me too tired to study.

I have read "Aspergirls" and I am pretty sure I have a lot of features of AS, but I don't feel the need for a diagnosis.It just helps me understand why some things have always been difficult for me. It has also helped my son because he can just say "Mum's having an Aspie moment".

Children
No Data