Help with legal issues

Hi, I'm a new member and have a close family friend who has been diagnosed with mild aspergers (requiring no medication or medical intervention) at the age of 45. He is a father who is fighting to see his child. I was wondering if anyone out there had any experience with this or knows of any help with the legal side of it. They are using the Aspergers against him, to the extent, that he is not even aloud to write to his son.

I would be grateful of any info available.

Thanks

Jan

• We are going through a difficult divorce forced upon us by Children's Services.

I am trying to get access and have been told my Aspergers means I am only allowed supervised access once per month to be reviewed when our little boy is between 5 and 7. Yet the only criticism of my care in observed sessions is being a little "stilted" and that I might not be strict enough with him. (It was the first meeting in over a year).

So yes, they will use AS against you. Even if they don't know what it is. (I was asked when I'd get better...)

• My first thought is there is more to this than he is telling you.

My sister has a terrible divorce, it took 3 years and many court cases and countless calls to the police and evaluations to the social services before her ex was banned from seeing the children despite severe and frequent child emotional abuse.

I really dont believe anyone would be denied contact for mild aspergers,

there must be more to it.

• the path maybe a discrimination lawyer or a family court hearing(via social work), supplying information that with the right fair communication between parties, both parents have the right to see there children.