Email Friends

I just joined here last night as i am turnin 21 years old in a few weeks and was wondering does anybody know any places online that are safe to find people to email that have aspergers syndrome

Would anybody here be interested ??

• Hello 2013princess

I realise that it's been over six years ago since you posted your forum thread, but I am relatively new myself, I've only just recently posted my pen pal request forum thread. Are you still interested in finding people to write to?

I have equally found it difficult to find safe places to find people to email that have aspergers syndrome, or autism in general, so I keep looking and trying to see if there is some way to find people that would interested in writing to me. All I can do is keep trying.

I wish us all the best of luck, and hope we all have success, Slight smile

• Hello Bushidō,

Thank you very much for the reply!

I definitely understand your wish to find people you can write to who would want to continue in the long term, rather than the short term. I am the same.

And to develop into long lasting, meaningful and trustworthy relation. I am exactly the same.

I hope we both have some good luck with this too. Slight smile

You are welcome to write to me if you are interested. I accept messages from everyone.

• Hi California

I understand where you're coming from, I'm in a similar boat myself, which is why I've tried to post a larger pen pal request on the forum itself, hoping I could have a greater success in finding people I can write to who would want to continue in the long term, rather than the short term. To develop into long lasting, meaningful and trustworthy relations, whether friendship or more.

Hope we both have some good luck with this, Slight smile

• Would anybody here be interested?

I have noticed that it is really difficult to find a good and understand friend.

I also would like a partner.

• ...This is awful for me to write and will sound awful, and I am fully aware of it and make some apology over it... however...

In order to safeguard myself, I do not try to make "Friends" anymore. I support others, and others may support myself. Yet when it comes to "Friends" I have none at all, so and my existence - as per my UserName - is very much easier. It sounds bad, I know, yet where I currently am, in my current situation (not as bad as it sounds, do not worry!), having no Friends is MASSIVE Stress Relief for me. As is not being able to EMail, either. I am grateful for support and so I reciprocate that. That is all, really. 

Please make as many Friends as you only feel able to, for everyone is different, and there is nothing wrong with doing that or not, upon, um, "The Journey Of Life", for mistakes may be made or not, and we all learn from them... or not! 

• I have noticed that it is really difficult to find a good and understand friend.

• Okay, I see this, and Thanks for the Thanks... yet I do not know what else to say now...

• I am unable to do so due to Old Devices and their Errors

What ''Old Devices''? What does it mean?

• Thank you very much for the support.

• ...Hmm. As I post all of that, I see in the history:

California and NAS37035 are now friends

Maybe I should take this Post back... maybe...?

:-| 

• Greetings, California. I am not certain if this helps completely, yet this is what I know, at least as far as I see from your own Profile Area..

To "make a friend"...:

Click upon your own UserName (In Red Letters).

This should bring up a screen with your own Icon/Avatar, and as I see it, you are listed thusly: "California has a reputation in the top 1% of the community."

Next to the Icon, should be a list of options:

Profile. Activity. Groups. Friends. Mentions. More

Click upon "Friends", and you may see that you yourself already have a fair few Requests there, and the two at the top, seem to be "your Friends" already...?

Click upon any one of these persons, and you should be taken to another screen, inviting you to write a Message...

...Alas, This is where my own advice must stop, for I cannot do this myself (!!), I did it once, yet now I am unable to do so due to Old Devices and their Errors, Sorry! Hopefully someone else may specify here better than myself... yet as far as I know, once you "Friend" a person, then you may exchange "Private Messages", and if you like, these may include an EMail Address.

Please also Note what NAS writes, however:

"Accepting friendship requests
    Other users can only send you private messages (PMs) if you have first accepted those users as friends. We recommend that you only accept such invitations from people whose forum names you recognise from the discussions. To invite someone else to become your friend on the Community, go to that person's profile page, and use the Connect button. Friends cannot see your email address or other personal information.
    Note: you can also change your private-message settings."

...I cannot help you more than that, Sorry. Please be careful and Good Fortune to You.

• I am interested!

I am looking for a good e-mail friend.

• I would be more than happy to be friends with your son, 

I advertised in the aspergers united magazine but that was like sooooooooooo long ago 

Yes you could either send letters to each other or via email whatever the person finds easyer 

• Hi Princess, I would love to find something like this for my son who was 21 at the start of the month. I know that personal details can't be shared on this site but there is a pen pal section in the online magazine, perhaps you could start by letter writing and then exchange email addresses afterwards?