Can't tell what is me and what is the mask. Unsure of who I really am

How do you drop the mask and how do you even identify it in the first place? It's so engrained Disappointed

Parents
  • I have masked my whole life. I have a different mask for every person and every situation and I would say this of each of them. Every mask is you. This is why you can't really identify or drop it as easily as you think. No mask of mine is exactly 'fake', it is just a part of myself that has been polished under extreme stress. I find them uncomfortable to wear, but they still come from within me or they would be impossible to keep up, if that makes sense. Even learned and mimicked behaviour becomes a part of you in the end and it is something you perhaps have to learn to embrace?

It is hard for you to be in a situation where you can feel relaxed enough to start to allow yourself to be truly unguarded and vulnerable, so taking off masks is something you might find a natural inner reluctance towards. I manage to 'unmask' myself when I am in nature and around animals because they require nothing from you but your instinctive responses and love. You need not speak with them, they just need _you_ at your core. If you want to find yourself unmasked, go find an animal away from any humans and spend some time with it (if it is something you can do) or maybe just spend some time around something natural you find beautiful if animals aren't your thing. That is just my suggestion because that is what works for me. It might be different for you. After all, this does affect us all in different ways. I hope this was of some assistance for you.

All my best, Nyo.

• I have masked my whole life. I have a different mask for every person and every situation and I would say this of each of them. Every mask is you. This is why you can't really identify or drop it as easily as you think. No mask of mine is exactly 'fake', it is just a part of myself that has been polished under extreme stress. I find them uncomfortable to wear, but they still come from within me or they would be impossible to keep up, if that makes sense. Even learned and mimicked behaviour becomes a part of you in the end and it is something you perhaps have to learn to embrace?

It is hard for you to be in a situation where you can feel relaxed enough to start to allow yourself to be truly unguarded and vulnerable, so taking off masks is something you might find a natural inner reluctance towards. I manage to 'unmask' myself when I am in nature and around animals because they require nothing from you but your instinctive responses and love. You need not speak with them, they just need _you_ at your core. If you want to find yourself unmasked, go find an animal away from any humans and spend some time with it (if it is something you can do) or maybe just spend some time around something natural you find beautiful if animals aren't your thing. That is just my suggestion because that is what works for me. It might be different for you. After all, this does affect us all in different ways. I hope this was of some assistance for you.

All my best, Nyo.

Children
No Data