Bringing someone along

Hi all

I am hoping to get a date soon for my assessment, but i understand that ill be asked to bring someone along who has known me for a long time. I plan to bring my older sister.  My question is though, would she be with me all the time im being assessed?  I would rather that not happen, i dont mind her being asked questions separately, but id much rather be interviewed on my own, just wondered what the standard is?

Thanks! 

Parents
  • I was diagnosed via the NHS last year. I was asked to bring someone along who knew me from childhood but that was not possible as I'm 52, an only child and both my parents have died. I explained this to them and they were happy for me to bring my wife along even though we've only known each other 17 years. She was present throughout the whole process (3x 1 hour interviews) she was not interviewed separately, the whole thing was just carried out by the psychiatrist in one room. From reading other peoples experiences it seems mine is quite unusual. Hope that helps!

• I was diagnosed via the NHS last year. I was asked to bring someone along who knew me from childhood but that was not possible as I'm 52, an only child and both my parents have died. I explained this to them and they were happy for me to bring my wife along even though we've only known each other 17 years. She was present throughout the whole process (3x 1 hour interviews) she was not interviewed separately, the whole thing was just carried out by the psychiatrist in one room. From reading other peoples experiences it seems mine is quite unusual. Hope that helps!

Children
No Data