Referral funding

Hi all

Well next in the list of dramas while waiting for my referral for diagnosis! When I found where I was getting referred to (which took a lot of work), they told me they had my referalr, which is great! Then they added oh but we can't add you to the waiting list until we have your local authority funding form.  My GP had told me funding had been approved. Trying for days to find out who actually holds this has been a nightnare!  Spoke to a useful organisation called hope for autism, they generally only deal with advice for children, but we're happy to help and have been tremendous, doing all the contact and investigation for me.  Hopefully will hear on monday, bit what a lot of red tape nonsense involved in a diagnosis!

Parents
  • My GP and the place where I was referred never asked me about the money. I have no idea who is going to pay for the assessment.

• My GP referred me too, the local authority pays generally by past experience has taught me it's a good idea to find out where you are being referred to, then contacting them to make sure all the required paperwork is in place. It's a lengthy enough wait without having to deal with lost paperwork which happens all the time unfortunately.  If I hadn't checked I would never have known the local authority hadn't sent the funding paperwork, I would have been months into the process before I even made it onto a waiting list, the NHS is such a shambles these days I also prefer to be on their backs a little

• I know that I am on the waiting list. I keep asking about the waiting list from time to time.

• If you've received questionnaires from your gp that's standard, but your GP sends the referalr onwards to whoever will assess you.  Most times I imagine it's fine, if your concerned then just ask where your being referred to, I just said I wanted to be able to ask them directly about timescales and they were fine with that. Wouldn't do any harm

• If you've received questionnaires from your gp that's standard, but your GP sends the referalr onwards to whoever will assess you.  Most times I imagine it's fine, if your concerned then just ask where your being referred to, I just said I wanted to be able to ask them directly about timescales and they were fine with that. Wouldn't do any harm

Children
No Data