Did anything good happen today? June 2018

This is a place to share your successes it doesn't matter how small they are, 

Share something that made you happy today.

Thank you

Song

Parents
  • Greetings! For once/a change... I am bringing this good Thread back to the 'fore. Something small-ish but amazing happened at around 16h (4PM) to me...

I was duing a mundane shopping routine. The bus was stuck in traffic (single decker Bus). In London, with all the noise and pollution and scampering children. I stood near the front...

The Car in front of the Bus... I knocked upon the Bus Driver's window, and we shared a glad-amazement about it... "The guy in front," I said, "He has an EAGLE on his back seat!"

Both the driver and myself found this sight to be, well, AWESOME. The Eagle was as if perched, and able to move as Eagles do. (White Head and Tail, Yellow Beak, and so was a Fish or Bald Eagle.) The car was a sort of Jeep... and so if you were in South London today, reading this (unlikely!), with an Eagle on the back seat of your car/Utility Vehicle... then this is you!

I thought it was a brilliant thing to see, and so I write it here!

• (Um... before anyone posts about "cruelty to animals" or something, I may add some somethings here. The Eagle was not caged, and when the car moved, I saw the white tail rebalancing. That the Eagle was free inside a car maybe that it was a) on route to an exhibition or "fayre", very popular in the summer, here in London, or b) they are one of those Eagles which is trained to do "pest control" within a city.

In any case, the Eagle was uncaged, and so likely used to this City, and being car-ted about... Any filthy-rich Arabs reading this Forum (also unlikely!) would know about this, with you taking your Falcons in Aeroplanes and all that...!   :-)   )

• (Um... before anyone posts about "cruelty to animals" or something, I may add some somethings here. The Eagle was not caged, and when the car moved, I saw the white tail rebalancing. That the Eagle was free inside a car maybe that it was a) on route to an exhibition or "fayre", very popular in the summer, here in London, or b) they are one of those Eagles which is trained to do "pest control" within a city.

In any case, the Eagle was uncaged, and so likely used to this City, and being car-ted about... Any filthy-rich Arabs reading this Forum (also unlikely!) would know about this, with you taking your Falcons in Aeroplanes and all that...!   :-)   )

Children
No Data