Bullying - With Experience

Greetings. This is one of those Threads which I have been meaning to start for a very very long time. Adults and "People with Children" are welcome to Post and/or "Vent", equally. Please feel free to write anything... and if you can, end it with some resolution/positve hindsight/result.

This is a bad Topic, which I am fed up of seeing sidelined or not fully discussed. "Being Bullied At School" is/was also actually a part of the "Diagnostic Criteria" for ASCs! Please share here experiences, and how you did or would have dealt with them. The more shared, I honestly believe, the more is learnt, if this is is discussed openly and without reservation, Thank You.

I shall begin with only a few things. Advice for dealing with Bullies includes "Ignoring them" and "Laughing them away". This advice does not work, as they either give chase, or they think that Bullying is being *enjoyed* by ALL concerned! 

Thanks for any replies in advance.

Parents
  • I was very badly bullied as a young adult. I never really had a girlfriend or any friends to speak of ... and i was groomed by a woman who ended up taking my car , my money, getting me in trouble with the police and with hindsight she manipulated and used me.I do not know how she knew how to target me ... i dont look different just a little immature i guess .... but she groomed me for a year telling me she fancied me and wanted to sleep with me (but never did) until finally the day arrived , or so i thought and she took me to a house gave me loads of drink and drugs and then a man appeared and he lifted me up and they walked me to a room where there were three men who sexually abused and raped me.I needed hospital treatment for my injuries.The worst thing was my boss ... i went and told her ( i was a psychiatric nurse) and she laughed at me saying ''men dont get raped you f''''ing idiot'' and one of the men who raped me worked on another ward and i gave her his name and she phoned him ! .. luckily he wasnt on duty.I have NEVER had justice .. this happened in 1993...... just to add a positive ,  i am now living as an adult in a care home type environment where i finally feel safe.

• I was very badly bullied as a young adult. I never really had a girlfriend or any friends to speak of ... and i was groomed by a woman who ended up taking my car , my money, getting me in trouble with the police and with hindsight she manipulated and used me.I do not know how she knew how to target me ... i dont look different just a little immature i guess .... but she groomed me for a year telling me she fancied me and wanted to sleep with me (but never did) until finally the day arrived , or so i thought and she took me to a house gave me loads of drink and drugs and then a man appeared and he lifted me up and they walked me to a room where there were three men who sexually abused and raped me.I needed hospital treatment for my injuries.The worst thing was my boss ... i went and told her ( i was a psychiatric nurse) and she laughed at me saying ''men dont get raped you f''''ing idiot'' and one of the men who raped me worked on another ward and i gave her his name and she phoned him ! .. luckily he wasnt on duty.I have NEVER had justice .. this happened in 1993...... just to add a positive ,  i am now living as an adult in a care home type environment where i finally feel safe.

Children
No Data