Bullying - With Experience

Greetings. This is one of those Threads which I have been meaning to start for a very very long time. Adults and "People with Children" are welcome to Post and/or "Vent", equally. Please feel free to write anything... and if you can, end it with some resolution/positve hindsight/result.

This is a bad Topic, which I am fed up of seeing sidelined or not fully discussed. "Being Bullied At School" is/was also actually a part of the "Diagnostic Criteria" for ASCs! Please share here experiences, and how you did or would have dealt with them. The more shared, I honestly believe, the more is learnt, if this is is discussed openly and without reservation, Thank You.

I shall begin with only a few things. Advice for dealing with Bullies includes "Ignoring them" and "Laughing them away". This advice does not work, as they either give chase, or they think that Bullying is being *enjoyed* by ALL concerned! 

Thanks for any replies in advance.

Parents
  • Sadly, it's more surprising if someone hasn't been bullied at some point in their lives. The truth is, schools simply aren't prepared to act on bullying in fear of damaging the school's reputation and the bully's future school and life prospects. Another case of sweeping an issue under the carpet. It's fair enough if the school is hesitant to react based on a "he-said-she-said" situation, but even in cases where concrete evidence is given, schools would rather keep the issue under lock and key to preserve their public appearance rather than recognise the issues that children at their school are causing.

• Sadly, it's more surprising if someone hasn't been bullied at some point in their lives. The truth is, schools simply aren't prepared to act on bullying in fear of damaging the school's reputation and the bully's future school and life prospects. Another case of sweeping an issue under the carpet. It's fair enough if the school is hesitant to react based on a "he-said-she-said" situation, but even in cases where concrete evidence is given, schools would rather keep the issue under lock and key to preserve their public appearance rather than recognise the issues that children at their school are causing.

Children
No Data