Is this a "melt down" ? Is this normal?

Hi, 

So ive been very run down lately , questioning my life, whT im doing, im not coping well with certain aspects but its been just bubbiling under the servjce where i can feel im depressed but in functioning. 

Today however i was sent over the edge , plans that had been madr where cancelled and i couldnt xope with the unexpected change, let down and financial implication.

This sebt me into an emotional pit / panic. I then began to rage and started punching my head and digging flesh out of my arm.woth my nails.

This is a more extreme freak out for me that has happrned before but i never put it down to possibly a melt down/ autism thing as ive only jyst been diagnosed.

Is this possuble or am i just unstable? Does anypne else have these more violent episodes and how can i cause myself less harm? 

On a weird note the head punching and flesh pinching calms me down 

Parents
  • It sounds like the type of situation that might send me over the edge too. I try to detect and deal with the stress a little better before I lose control, rather than thinking I can contain it all inside - that way the flip isn't so dramatic. I'm not really sure what 'meltdown' means. There's a thread here where the consensus is mostly that 'overload' is a better term.

So, yes as Cloudy Mountain says, you might find something less harmful than punching your head that calms you down. All I want to say is that I hope you can find some kinds of  help with the current situations to make them less stressful. Not all the answers are inside.

• It sounds like the type of situation that might send me over the edge too. I try to detect and deal with the stress a little better before I lose control, rather than thinking I can contain it all inside - that way the flip isn't so dramatic. I'm not really sure what 'meltdown' means. There's a thread here where the consensus is mostly that 'overload' is a better term.

So, yes as Cloudy Mountain says, you might find something less harmful than punching your head that calms you down. All I want to say is that I hope you can find some kinds of  help with the current situations to make them less stressful. Not all the answers are inside.

Children
No Data