"Please Donate" emails

Please stop sending me emails requesting donations.  I signed up for this site to join the community and gain some support, not to constantly receive emails requesting money.  As I'm sure many members are, I'm out of work and on benefits at the moment.  As a single parent to twins that makes things exponentially more difficult to manage.

Please arrange your mailing list in a more professional manner so that you can differentiate between people who join for support and those who are able to help/donate.  Or at least give people the option to opt out of the spam emails.  Combining informative emails (good) and badgering the very people you are supposed to be supporting (bad) is hugely unprofessional. and quite upsetting when you are hoping it is a response to a query you made.  

Parents
  • Oh wow, yes, not surprised you are upset about this, especially since people say it takes about a month to receive a response - you can pack a lot of please donate mails into that time...

Seems to me like one of those things they don't seem to give much thought. Not so different from those copy&paste responses mods seem to mostly give (although some people seem to be happy with those, maybe the ones that are very new to the website). 

I wonder if anyone in a position to inform the right people will read this though. Can you perhaps unsubscribe from the list? There should be such an option at the bottom usually. Don't think it would mean that you won't get a response to your query then, but maybe check first (well, not sure with whom though, perhaps someone can advise). 

• Oh wow, yes, not surprised you are upset about this, especially since people say it takes about a month to receive a response - you can pack a lot of please donate mails into that time...

Seems to me like one of those things they don't seem to give much thought. Not so different from those copy&paste responses mods seem to mostly give (although some people seem to be happy with those, maybe the ones that are very new to the website). 

I wonder if anyone in a position to inform the right people will read this though. Can you perhaps unsubscribe from the list? There should be such an option at the bottom usually. Don't think it would mean that you won't get a response to your query then, but maybe check first (well, not sure with whom though, perhaps someone can advise). 

Children