Lots of issues. I need more support.

I feel that I should be living in a supported unit with staff. I don't get enough care at home. My social worker doesn't listen and hardly contacts me. I am terrified of a dental appointment that I need to go to on Thursday. Crying all the time and feeling distressed because of it. I have no food in at home at the moment. I missed my shopping day last Wednesday. I hardly have any money. What can I do?. 

Parents
  • Hi Bethy, sorry to hear about your situation. I hope things will gradually improve. If you are concerned about the care you may want to consider raising the issue with the relevant person or organisation e.g. Care Quality Commission. Speak to the manager or leader of your social worker. Please don't feel too distressed. Is there anyone you can seek help from whether a family relative, friend, neighbour etc?

• Please can anyone help me?. I can't stay in my flat anymore. My anxiety is so high being on my own all the time. I can't stay with family at the moment. I am even considering staying in a hotel. 

• Hi Bethy

I'm not sure how much anyone here can help, except maybe to think things through more hopefully. Did you see my last reply above, by the way? I can see why you might want not to spend too much time in the flat if it's become associated with anxiety. You're probably coping better than you think you are, but it sounds like you could do with some more help and someone good to talk to.

I think like Otis says that it's important that people around you all know how you are feeling: your social worker, your family, your GP. Why can't you stay with your family? Who do you get on best with in your family? Could you visit them for a few hours? What do you like to do in the afternoons? Longer-term, maybe people can help make your flat more homely with things you like to look at - or otherwise find some better supported accomodation.

Random suggestion - how would you feel spending time in the local library? I'm just thinking that libraries have a lot of self-help books that might help you learn ways to be calm.

You can contact the team via telephone on 0808 800 4104 (Monday to Thursday 10am to 4pm, Friday 9am to 3pm).
  • Hi Bethy

I'm not sure how much anyone here can help, except maybe to think things through more hopefully. Did you see my last reply above, by the way? I can see why you might want not to spend too much time in the flat if it's become associated with anxiety. You're probably coping better than you think you are, but it sounds like you could do with some more help and someone good to talk to.

I think like Otis says that it's important that people around you all know how you are feeling: your social worker, your family, your GP. Why can't you stay with your family? Who do you get on best with in your family? Could you visit them for a few hours? What do you like to do in the afternoons? Longer-term, maybe people can help make your flat more homely with things you like to look at - or otherwise find some better supported accomodation.

Random suggestion - how would you feel spending time in the local library? I'm just thinking that libraries have a lot of self-help books that might help you learn ways to be calm.

You can contact the team via telephone on 0808 800 4104 (Monday to Thursday 10am to 4pm, Friday 9am to 3pm).
Children
No Data