Did anything good happen today? May 2018

I hope this is ok with everyone.

I thought we could share our successes no matter how small.

Any takers?

Song

• Ooh today is really a good day since it's pay day. Slight smile

• Yes something good did happen today! My new trenchcoat did arrive, I was afraid it might not , as I had encountered several complaints on the web from people who hadn't had it arrive.

It is a little crumpled after the journey and slightly smaller, but resolvable. It uses Asian measurements, meaning that large would be a size 8-10 and extra large, 10-12. 

• I still remember the first time  I travelled on the isle of Wight ferry from Southampton, with my sister and brother-in-law. With three of us I felt almost safe because they were experienced travelers who knew what to do.  My main anxiety was sea sickness and inability to swim.

A couple of years later I travelled alone on a coach holiday over the channel.  The big initial panic was the size of the ferry, the large number of people, the similar looking coaches, and the colour coded staircases and shear number of zones.  And the big panic!!!! Finding my way back to the right coach at the end.  I just couldn't remember the right staircase and I was totally alone dispite being surrounded by hundreds of people.   

After 4 or 5 crossings I got used to the fact that the ferries were all organised in a similar pattern and it became relaxing with no stress.

• On my own? No I don't think that's going to happen, 

• I had a very nice day thank you. I sat in a chair by the lift i went up in so I didn't get lost in the way off the ferry and I had my head phones in and read my book so no one talked to me.

• Well done.

Next step, cross channel ferry?

• Wow Song. I only just caught up with this, but that’s impressive - I would have never managed a ferry trip on my own! You are right to be proud of yourself for this, and I hope you had an enjoyable trip.

• Glad to hear you have the evidence to take this matter further - psychiatrists shouldn’t get away with making such damaging comments to their patients. I wish you well.

• Hello, yes it was Mr. M Tom i was referring to.

I added May 2018 to the title as in 2 or 3 days i need to start a new thread for June because this one is becoming a little  unwieldy.

• a friend on here got back in touch after an absence. 

Greetings. I wonder if you mean Mr. Martian Tom, but if not, then that would be the "good" thing which I might have posted here for today...!

It is good for anyone to ask about anyone and recieve a reply from them, whether in this Forum or in any other way (Post, Telephone, etc.). When I myself see someone whom I have not seen in "Years", I often say: "I am glad to see this continuity"... !

(p.s. You added "May2018" to the Title of this Thread, and I thought it was a new Thread, but it is not. Not my business, just slightly wondering why.)

• You must be exhausted. 

I'm sure you must have seen lots of interesting things today.

• I'm back in civilization.  Roads that have actual paths.  No more dodging the traffic on country lanes.

I've been out walking 5 hours.  Only 1.5 hours to go.

• How far have you walked?  You still have a few hours of light, hopefully you will make it.

Song

• I'm still hiking.  Now in the middle of nowhere, trying to get home.  I've gone off the public footpaths..  and following Google maps.  Only 6 miles to go.  Hope to get home before dark.

• The sun is shining and a friend on here got back in touch after an absence. 

• I went on the Isle of Wight ferry all on my own today. 

I have been across with hubby very many times but never on my own before, feeling ridiculously proud of myself.

• I might post it soon. I'm trying to work out if I should send my asd assessment report to them or if I can get away with just sending a couple of the pages, the one with the diagnosis on it and the one that says I desperately need supporting rather than the whole thing which has some deeply personal stuff in it about being abused and other troubles

• Today I had some good quality time with my (autistic) son. It was his idea, he wanted to sit and watch all the DVD's we have with daleks in. I ended up watching along with him most of the day, talking about our favourite scenes and me feeling old because I can remember Jon Pertwee and Tom Baker being the Doctor. We also ate way too many snack treats and didn't care. Bliss. Slight smile

• It really does, I try to always find a positive to change a negative,,,

1, woke up early ,very early and sat outside listening to the birds waking up and filling the air with beautiful song.

2, met someone I hadn’t seen for some time, he was training then, now he is top boss, he was happy and we had a really nice chat, he does a lot of volunteer work in wildlife conservation.

3, Got to hear from you and hear your three lovely good things, I too love the blossom, it cascades down the walls of cottages like a waterfall of brilliant happy colours.

Take care X()x

• Thank you Lonewarrior my friend. My mum told me to do that because she knew I find it hard to get through the days sometimes and she wanted to help and encourage me especially because she was ill. She would have been pleased she has helped so many people by this simple idea. And I am pleased that sharing it on here has helped others. I am in a low patch so I went for a stroll but the 3 things I enjoyed today were 1. Seeing 5 signets with their swan parents and other birds with their chicks swimming on the lake. 2. The beautiful red, white and pink blossom contrasting with bright green or copper leaves. 3. The blue sky which was cloudless and sunlight shining through the trees. All nature but it does help.