Talking to the bank

I have had yet another dreadful conversation on the phone with the bank.

Is there any way I can enable them to talk to someone else without signing over my account for that person? They ring for me and I have to prove who i am! They know I have problems but they just don't get it, I can't do that stuff on the phone. I am in little bits, I want to break them into little pieces, they make me feel so worthless and they won't speak to hubby untill after I have proved i am who I am. Stupid they rang me, who else would I be?

Parents
  • She the bank woman got snotty because I repeated the questions she was asking!

She objected to hearing another noise in the background.

She said I wasn't answering fast enough

She was upset that I objected to me having to prove who i was when I was just meant to accept she was who she said she was.

• That sounds awful and she should not have spoken to you in that way.

I would write a letter or email of complaint stating how rude she was. Also saying it was already difficult to talk without being harassed in such a way.

Is it me or whenever I speak to someone on the phone regardless of why they start by saying their name so quickly you do not get chance to hear it?

What I now say is I am hard of hearing and could they please talk slowly and louder so I can hear them. I then write down their name mainly because I forget such things very quickly. In fact before using the phone I go through a ritual.

First I write down everything I think they might ask in big capital letters. My full name ,address,date of birth,anything relevant like details of the thing I am asking about etc.

Then I make a cup of tea, sit myself down out in the kitchen, make several cigarettes ,put everything where I can easily see it, take a deep breath and then ring. 

Doing my ritual hopefully means I am ready for anything that might be needed. I also struggle if I need to suddenly write down details as they are speaking, I need one hand to hold the phone and writing with the other can mean the paper moving about as I try to write in it.

I was hoping others might have more useful information regarding your issue, All I can say is I too struggle the same as you, maybe my age has given me an ability to come up with a strategy that works, it is never easy but It seems to work,( mostly).

take care all. X()x

• I can just about cope if I need to ring them, using the strategy you outlined above, but yesterday she rang me.

Reply Children
No Data