Really grateful for this forum

I have no idea if this qualifies as a discussion topic but I just wanted to say that I'm so happy that I found this forum a few weeks ago. It's making me feel much less alone and let me realise that other people are going through so much of the same stuff that I am. Thank you NAS and everyone here.

• ...I forgot to add: This Forum also prevents Posts or Replies such as:

Hello (UserName)... + $&@#$ ! I want to @$#&$@#$ YOU! and I like your @$#&$# please send me your picture/address $@_@_#&$ and we can &$#@$&@#$&&@&$ TOGETHER or I will #$&@#!&$# YOU! I LOVE @#&$#$-ing,! And @$!#&$@#&@&$@#&!&#$@&#&$... ..etc.etc...

...That sort of thing (!).

• It is Myself again. This Thread and Topic need not be over or "forgotten" just yet, perhaps...? (FYI, To anyone reading I myself did not start this Thread.)

The good thing about this NAS Forum is that SPAM or TROLLING or "hatred" or Crime... is closely monitored by NAS and is actually locked, edited, or removed or deleted, is it not...?

NAS may not be perfect at their job here, and they sometimes miss altogether... but they pay attention and interact... sort of...!?

• Song - I thought I would and thought I would do it anyway.

Well I walked past an adult on the way to the gym and he announced to me "I have just caught a shiny, have you managed to get one?" He must have been mid-40s. He said they hold community days locally in the Abbey Gardens near me and had I been to one after I confirmed I had also caught a shiny. He said loads of adults play it in my area and on the discussions group they have all discussed how nearly no kids/young people play it here.

I think more of the generation who played pokemon growing up have picked it up long term than kids.

So don't feel weird about it! I must admit I felt much better after that. I am pretty sure the guy in the car with his phone under the gym the other day was the one that knocked me out of it after I spent ages trying to win it. (My gym is at the community centre just around the corner)

• I wasn't the only person that hated it. After the rabbit was gone they replaced it with a big glass thing full of locusts. That teacher was berserk!

• That poor rabbit. I hate hearing about cruelty to animals and think it's great you tried to call it out to the teacher. Something like that would stay on my mind for a long time too, I think. 

• They never found out who killed it but a few years after leaving school I mentioned the whole thing to someone I know who told me who did it. He wasn't the type of guy who would have done it for a good reason. He did have problems! I think he's spent most of his adult life in prison. I was the one who was earmarked as crazy though.

The school wasn't discreet about sending me. I didn't get picked on for it by the students though, they were pretty cool about it. I did have a few choice comments from a few teachers though. 

• That sounds horrible, what they did to that poor rabbit. Did they ever get the perp?

I got sent to a school psychologist too, though the school at least was discreet about that.

• Why not express yourself! I had also high expectations and fears for the worst. I don't know which has stuck with me most either.

One thing that stuck with me was being accused of killing a rabbit at school. I told the teacher that the rabbit was better off dead because it was in a cage a little bigger than a shoebox lying in it's own **** and ****. It couldn't even turn around. I pointed it all out and the teacher said not to challenge her. I said I had to because the rabbit couldn't. I also called her a cruel ****. I got suspended and the rabbit turned up dead whilst I was suspended. Someone stabbed it with a pencil. They pulled me into the office and asked me if I did it. Even the other kids said that they were sure I hadn't done it. I said when was it found dead, they told me the day and it was 5 days after I was suspended and a week after I'd been in that classroom. I said "So you didn't check the rabbit for a week after I'd left the room, and I'm the one in the office. She is a cruel ****". That was the day I was sent to a psychologist by the school.

I don't know why it gets to me so much, the fact that the rabbit was rotting alive literally or the fact that because I was "the crazy boy" that they tried to pin it on me. My mom and dad were supportive but I had to walk around school with all the kids knowing I had to see the educational psychologist. I still think of going into that class for lessons and hearing the rabbit scratching on that box.

Sorry to vent but that was the day that my "strangeness" was first used against me growing up. Lol, I've never vented about it before. This seems like a good place to do it now!

• To both PokemonGoAddict and to California... Sometimes when I reeeely want to "contribute" to a Thread, I shall Post something like that, when I do not know what to say in a hurry, until I can think of something better to Post, later on...? 

Concerning the next from California... I have said upon other Threads why I cannot Friend, PM or EMail... I cannot Exchange Messages apart from "Posting". I would like to, but I cannot...

...In short, To both of your good selves, I was just expressing my own Aspergers, in a way. Sorry for any confusion, yet of course Not sorry for being Aspergers! I am "grateful for this Forum" as well... so much so that you may see some other longer Threads I started upon it... and those of others... and very long others... 

In Closing... I only cannot play PokemonGo because I do not have a Mobile Phone. I watch persons play it upon the Bus, though. 

• I'm glad I found this. I have had some excellent conversations not just about the A- word but about new ideas for good films to watch, ideas for showing and making art and taking good photos. Meeting others of my generation who have had similar experiences in life. That's all a great bonus.

Sometimes I wonder if constantly raking up my troubled childhood isn't some kind of self-betrayal, but perhaps that was because whilst on the one hand I had heaps of high expectations placed on me, there was also a massive lack of faith too. It does not really matter if I did end up with a diagnosis or not, as I know I am not significantly disabled now. That wasn't the case after living through two major recessions in the UK. 

• ありがとう,どういたしまして.

あなたは私に私的なメッセージを送ることができますか?

私はあなたに何かお尋ねしたいと思います。

私は皆からの私的なメッセージを受け入れる。

あなたが私に私的なメッセージを送ると、あなたに返信して質問を送ることができます。

• Lots of adults play PGo, don't worry about looking silly if you want to play! It's great fun and I've joined a couple of PGo community groups where I live so I can play with them. 

• Thank you for the welcome! I don't speak this language so didn't recognise what you were saying at first

• Welcome! I haven't been here too long myself. I can only echo the comments and sentiments that other people have posted. Since posting here I'm finding a lot of explainations to things that I have had problems understanding for years. Pleased to meet you!

• The forum has helped me a lot!

I am very happy to be here!

I recognize myself often in threads.

I, sometimes, feel that the autistic people understand each other better.

I wish I’d known about this forum a long time ago.

I really like here.

Do you like me here?

• I think it's an excellent discussion topic, this forum is pretty much my only resource since diagnosis and has helped me understand and feel more at ease with AS. It's also probably the least stressful social group I've ever been a part of. Does this count as a social group? Well, it does to me.

The same here.

• I agree with your sentiments entirely . For me, this forum is the only place in my life that I feel able to speak openly without being vilified for what I have to say. Further, it is the only place that I have found so many kindred spirits. I thoroughly enjoy engaging with others here and that’s something that has greatly helped me to not feel so alone, which is very beneficial for me given my mental health difficulties. I wish I’d known about this forum a long time ago.

• No need to apologise there, yet Thank You! for the reply... I also saw this person's UserName a few days ago, but I did not query about it innappropriately... (in Threads nothing to do with videogaming, that is)... Also, they currently have a Generic Icon. Please do not worry.

• I hope it counts as a social group, I count it as one anyway.