Irlen syndrome. Any one know anything about this?

I use a coloured film overlay when I read books, and I have my kindle set up in blue shade mode with a colour tint. This helps hugely with my dyslexia.  Husband was looking for a new overlay for me and found some stuff on Irlen syndrome so I wondered if any of you knew anything about it? Positive or negative.

Parents
  • I use tinted glasses to help me to cope with light sensitivity. In my case, the colour is a shade of purple.

• I use a yellow over lay and my kindle is tinted to yellow .Did you chose your colour  your self or did you see someone?

We chose the overlay  20 ish years ago it was the best one to stop the words wavering and blurring. But I don't know if it would be different with a bigger set to choose between, there were only 4 choices when we tried them.

• I use a yellow over lay and my kindle is tinted to yellow .Did you chose your colour  your self or did you see someone?

We chose the overlay  20 ish years ago it was the best one to stop the words wavering and blurring. But I don't know if it would be different with a bigger set to choose between, there were only 4 choices when we tried them.

Children
  • I selected the colour myself, but used an online test that's easy to replicate. Basically just the same sentence written on all different coloured backgrounds, and you see which is easiest to read.

I was skeptical but there was one colour, purple, that was significantly easier for me. When I asked my NT husband to try, he couldn't see any difference between colours, which was enough of a confirmation for me to try it. So I ordered glasses with the purple tint and they immediately made a huge difference to my life, reducing meltdowns, shutdowns and confusion. I've used them ever since. The actual shade of purple doesn't have to be too specific - I have glasses in a few shades - but it does have to be purple. No other colour makes a difference.