Rights at work

Hello, I have just been diagnosed with Aspergers  (I do personally prefer this term).. long story about how I finally arrived here, but for now I need to ask; I am a registered nurse..should I tell the NMC?  Would this help me or would they call my practice into question/would there be negative consequences for me? Any advice would be much appreciated.

Parents
  • Hi I'm also an RGN have been for 14 years, diagnosed with AS 2 years ago. I did disclose to a senior nurse and 2 sisters shortly after diagnosis. As far as the NMC goes if your AS isn't directly affecting your ability to do your job I wouldn't tell them, its not dishonest, every time we revalidate we declare that we are of a sound state of mind and as far as I'm concerned AS doesn't change this. If its work adjustments you need occupational health would probably be your best bet and your line manager/ senior nurse. The only problem I find is the social side of things with collegues and sometimes I take myself off somewher for a couple of minute s of quiet. Hope this helps. BTW I'm not having the best time at work at the moment but this is aside of the AS.

• Hi I'm also an RGN have been for 14 years, diagnosed with AS 2 years ago. I did disclose to a senior nurse and 2 sisters shortly after diagnosis. As far as the NMC goes if your AS isn't directly affecting your ability to do your job I wouldn't tell them, its not dishonest, every time we revalidate we declare that we are of a sound state of mind and as far as I'm concerned AS doesn't change this. If its work adjustments you need occupational health would probably be your best bet and your line manager/ senior nurse. The only problem I find is the social side of things with collegues and sometimes I take myself off somewher for a couple of minute s of quiet. Hope this helps. BTW I'm not having the best time at work at the moment but this is aside of the AS.

Children
No Data