Frustration!

Had appointment today to try and start sorting out my problems re navigating outside/orientating. Developed into a thing about social inclusion. I said I was quite asocial and not very proactive in engaging with other people. I said though that I would like to be able to interact better if a situation arose where I needed to. She couldn’t grasp that. I mentioned the problems with social interaction-initiating conversation and making small talk. At that she went on about anxiety as though these problems are solely related to anxiety. I had a hell of a largely unsuccessful job trying to get through to her that anxiety is one thing , but initiating conversations and small talk and being unsure of social rules something else. She said small talk was just about having a script to follow . Made it sound as though it was all just a minor issue.

I was polite but getting increasingly frustrated and stressed.

She even questioned in so many words the social care help my stepdaughter has arranged for me to get . Basically indirectly hinting that only the physically disabled need such help .

Parents Reply Children
No Data