Employer told I have asperger DISEASE!

Hello, 

I've been off work for 2 months and i recently saw occupational health. Yesterday I received a copy of the report from my initial occupational health appointment which has been sent to my manager. I was really dismayed to read that the nurse had written that I had been diagnosed with Asperger Disease. This has really annoyed me as I did try to explain to the nurse that Aspergers is a part of me and has shaped my personality so the suggestion that that part of me is diseased I find very offensive. I felt I needed to write a letter to occupational health and my manager to explain that its not a disease but my husband said I should let it go as Im wanting occ health to help me but I find it hard to see how telling my manager that I have a disease is helping me.

Would you write a letter to correct their mistake or am I over reacting? 

Parents
  • I would write am email explaining that although you understand it was probably a typo having Aspergers referred to as a disease did cause you a lot of distress, therefore, you'd like the report to be amended to include the correct terminology.

• I would write am email explaining that although you understand it was probably a typo having Aspergers referred to as a disease did cause you a lot of distress, therefore, you'd like the report to be amended to include the correct terminology.

Children
  • Yeah, that sounds straight forward enough. I could cope with that although I wouldn’t send one because I wouldn’t care what the paper said about me but if I did, that sounds like a perfect solution ~ nice simple, straight to the point, no emotion, no accusations, just what it says in a form of communication that could be reproduced at a later date if necessary and no unpleasant face to face interactions  Ok hand tone3