received letter is this is diagnosis?

hi,

after second visit in Assessment & Brief Treatment Team in London Forest Gate, today received letter with description about my interview and Diagnosis - Autism Spectrum  Disorder F84, and Plan to refer to MHAAT and to aliaise with NAS .

Is this is the official diagnosis already, or is just refer for NAS?

another think  I looked online expended information of F84 and realized is half of that dint matching to me also nothing was mentioned regarding my additional files I've wrote several pages with samples  of symptoms strongly resonating with ADHD. 

does ADHD requires separate assessment?

also I think need a help to explain to my family about my condition, I've mentioned to my wife this morning and been overwhelmed and fall in to anxiety after 5 minutes  

any guidance whats  next please.    Thank you

Parents
  • Hi vincent soul,

It sounds like from what you're describing that the letter you received is an official diagnosis of ASD - although without seeing it, it's hard to say for certain. 

I would recommend that you call the NAS helpline (or have someone call on your behalf if you prefer) on 0808 800 4104 (Monday-Thursday 10am-4pm, Friday 9am-3pm) and ask about the letter you received and what to do about an ADHD assessment.

Best wishes,

Ross - mod

•   over 3 hours I was trying to contact Help 0808 800 4104 line no body picked the phone except answer machine, wondering how much will be cost of these calls ...?

• Hi vincent'soul

We are sorry that the Helpline is experiencing a high volume of calls and it may take a while before you get through to speak to an advisor.  Please keep trying.

Cost of 0808 number?

Numbers starting with 0800 or 0808 are freephone numbers and cost nothing to call from UK landlines and mobile phones.

Freephone numbers allow callers to ring an organisation at no charge, with the cost of the call paid for by the organisation receiving the call. 

Hope that helps.

Best wishes,

Nicky-Mod

Reply Children
No Data