PIP application

My daughter has Aspergers or High Functioning autism as they call it now.  She is now 18 so can apply for PIP herself.  A previous application 2 years ago was tuned down despite an appeal. At that time she only got 6 points but they didn't understand that she finds travel confusing and gets stressed and anxious outside her comfort zone.  Comments like why doesnt she use Google maps is not very hepful : (   .What we desperately need is someone or an organisation to help us complete the form.  Unfortunately there is very little help in the Bromley area so happy to go anywhere within reason!  The Burgess Autistic trust helped before but we didn't get anywhere.  Grateful for any help / suggestions. Thank you. 

• I have not used the site but why pay for help and advice when you can get it for free elsewhere? There are several Facebook groups offering free advice - one particular one is A1 ESA/UC/DLA/PIP Benefit Help and Support UK ONLY who also have a website.

• Thank you so much for all your help. We will persevere!!! 

• I'm Asperger's too and am currently submitting a PIP Claim. 

There is a website called www.benefitsandwork.com, which will help you tremendously.

Get a 1 year subscription and download their 90 page Guide To PIP.

I have ADHD, Aspergers and Bipolar, so completing forms is hell for me: This guide is really helping.

There is also a forum, where there is loads of advice, and the site owner, Gordon, knows his stuff inside out, and also replies to messages.

I postponed applying for PIP, as I find these processes simply overwhelming, but now I am on top of it.

I'm sure this sitecan help you.

Stay positive; the PIP process is designed to make you give up, but you will, eventually, get what you are entitled to.

My best wishes. Slight smile

• I expain how I did applieled t PIP. I was rather cheaky.

Shortly after be diagnosed as someone with Autism I was told that could apply for PIP. I thought PIP was for people who couldn't walk etc.

I hate forms they drive me nuts, manly because I hate to touch paper. So I phone up CAB and there was a 6 week wait to see them. Darn that long wait but I book it anyway. Then I had a brain wave I phoned up NAS to see if they could help me out. Getting through to NAS can be difficult but at least don't have listening to DWP on hold music.  It took a few times trying I got throw to someone at NAS. I could explain things to NAS and they just understood what I was saying and was able to translate my way of saying things in to DWP way. NAS sent me a copy of what need in the PIP form. Which I took an copy of that CAB that wrote it down for me. Sent it off.

Wait months.
    So-called medical
    Wait few more months.

DWP agree that should have PIP.

For you delight and enjoyment the music that everyone loves as much going to dentest for root canal.

• Hi mazzamchardy,

Citizens Advice has a very detailed guide to filling in PIP claim forms on their website, which you can view here - https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/sick-or-disabled-people-and-carers/pip/help-with-your-claim/fill-in-form/

It mentions at the bottom of the page that you if you need help in-person filling out the form that you can go to your local Citizens Advice Bureau and they should be able to help you.

If you have any other questions or concerns that you want to talk to someone directly about you can call the NAS Helpline on 0808 800 4104 (10am-4pm Mon-Thur, 9am-3pm Fri).

Best wishes,

Ross - mod

• I think there is only one way. Me writing it and asking them to sign. Maybe they could suggest changes. But they are extremely limited in time. They do not have more than 5 - 10 minutes for this.

• My post was funded by two departments and the head of one wrote the letter himself. If your line manager is ok with you writing the letter and them signing it that sounds like a good way of gathering that evidence

• I have the same issues at work and even more.

I also experience difficulties with F2F. I always prefer to use e-mails and use them whenever I can.

But who actually wrote the letter?

I suspect that my manager would be happy to sign but not to spend time to write it. They are extremely busy and I already feel that they not very excited about the slowdown I often cause.

• I didn't want to ask f2f so I just emailed the person I wanted to write the letter asking for their support. The letter mentioned the difficulties I have at work, including my sensitivity to noise, challenges with social interaction, how I'd reduced my contract from 5 days to 4 to help me manage my stress levels etc

• How did you get a letter from your employer? What did the letter say?

I think my employer struggles with me. I also struggle with them.

Did the employer write the letter or you and the employer just signed?

• I've heard Citizens Advice can provide help. I receive PIP and submitted independent evidence to back up all of the points I made inc highlighted sections of my GP notes, letter from my employer, A2W report etc. I believe that made a huge difference as it meant the application wasn't based solely on my word.