PIP application

My daughter has Aspergers or High Functioning autism as they call it now.  She is now 18 so can apply for PIP herself.  A previous application 2 years ago was tuned down despite an appeal. At that time she only got 6 points but they didn't understand that she finds travel confusing and gets stressed and anxious outside her comfort zone.  Comments like why doesnt she use Google maps is not very hepful : (   .What we desperately need is someone or an organisation to help us complete the form.  Unfortunately there is very little help in the Bromley area so happy to go anywhere within reason!  The Burgess Autistic trust helped before but we didn't get anywhere.  Grateful for any help / suggestions. Thank you. 

Parents Reply Children
  • I expain how I did applieled t PIP. I was rather cheaky.

Shortly after be diagnosed as someone with Autism I was told that could apply for PIP. I thought PIP was for people who couldn't walk etc.

I hate forms they drive me nuts, manly because I hate to touch paper. So I phone up CAB and there was a 6 week wait to see them. Darn that long wait but I book it anyway. Then I had a brain wave I phoned up NAS to see if they could help me out. Getting through to NAS can be difficult but at least don't have listening to DWP on hold music.  It took a few times trying I got throw to someone at NAS. I could explain things to NAS and they just understood what I was saying and was able to translate my way of saying things in to DWP way. NAS sent me a copy of what need in the PIP form. Which I took an copy of that CAB that wrote it down for me. Sent it off.

Wait months.
    So-called medical
    Wait few more months.

DWP agree that should have PIP.

For you delight and enjoyment the music that everyone loves as much going to dentest for root canal.