Discrimination, temporarily gone

Text details temporarily removed.

Parents
  • I am thinking about the Employment Tribunal as the employer is refusing to put adjustments in place. I am in an open plan office which is horrible experience for me every day. I am unhappy there. I cannot focus. I can only think all the time about how to escape from this.

• I agree with Mandy - if the employer is causing you such discomfort in work then it’s time to find a new job with a more supportive employer. It’s hard to change things and leave a job you like due to such issues I know, but trust me when I say that finding a more supportive employer and comfortable environment makes a world of difference - I know because I did it.

As for the Employment Tribunal, if you want to make a claim that is your choice, but please make sure that you understand the likely prospects and outcomes well before you tangle yourself up in any of that, as it can get very messy, costly and unrewarding (see above).

• I wish I had more supportive employer.

The problem is that job interviews is a huge problem for me.

They are extremely stressful. I become extremely anxious.

The best I can do is say Yes and No. It is extremely difficult to process the questions. I cannot think and focus properly.

The job interviews are horrible experience for me.

• Just an extra bit of advice regarding the workplace assessment - if your employer says they can’t afford it then you could offer to pay for it yourself (if you can), or you could advise them they can get help with the cost through Access to Work.

Best of luck, I really do hope things improve for you. Do let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

• Just an extra bit of advice regarding the workplace assessment - if your employer says they can’t afford it then you could offer to pay for it yourself (if you can), or you could advise them they can get help with the cost through Access to Work.

Best of luck, I really do hope things improve for you. Do let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Children
No Data