Discrimination, temporarily gone

Text details temporarily removed.

Parents
  • I am thinking about the Employment Tribunal as the employer is refusing to put adjustments in place. I am in an open plan office which is horrible experience for me every day. I am unhappy there. I cannot focus. I can only think all the time about how to escape from this.

• I am thinking about the Employment Tribunal as the employer is refusing to put adjustments in place. I am in an open plan office which is horrible experience for me every day. I am unhappy there. I cannot focus. I can only think all the time about how to escape from this.

Children
  • I agree with Mandy - if the employer is causing you such discomfort in work then it’s time to find a new job with a more supportive employer. It’s hard to change things and leave a job you like due to such issues I know, but trust me when I say that finding a more supportive employer and comfortable environment makes a world of difference - I know because I did it.

As for the Employment Tribunal, if you want to make a claim that is your choice, but please make sure that you understand the likely prospects and outcomes well before you tangle yourself up in any of that, as it can get very messy, costly and unrewarding (see above).

• You might wanna consider applying for a new job as well, since the employer have already refused you a solution. All you can get now (or not, as we concluded here) is money compensation. You still need another job if you are going to be happy.