Are there any women here? #2

This is a root and branch (pardon the pun), fresh-start, clean slate thread...and continuation of the Are there any women here? post 

:) 

Parents
  • I'm still here in the long grass and I hope the discussions will continue as it's still reassuring to read other people talk about life in a way I understand.  I do hope also that men like Lonewarrior and others who identify with a more female iteration of autism feel free to comment too, not all men are the stereotype either.

Does anyone else feel completely trapped in their lives, or are you in stable, even happy relationships and jobs that have survived the revelation of being autistic?  For the most part I'm behaving exactly as I always have because I see no alternative for survival, but some days I feel sure I'm just shy of breaking completely. ()

• I don’t identify as a women, even though I’ve got a female body, I don’t particularly identify as a man either, but seeing as the guys are invited to chat, I thought I’d say something. 

My diagnosis last October was a total game changer. It’s changed the whole of my life completely. I don’t know what I’ll be doing for employment after this burnout completes itself, but I know my life will never be the same again. Never again will I try to fit in so now, I’m just letting my life unfold and I’ll see where it takes me. I’ve got some ideas, but I know that my ideas might not be in line with loves ideas, so I take lead from that. But it’s fair to say, my life changed the instant I realised I was autistic. I’ve never been so happy in all of my life. I’ve got a place on this earth and I enjoy every minute of it. 

• I don’t identify as a women, even though I’ve got a female body, I don’t particularly identify as a man either, but seeing as the guys are invited to chat, I thought I’d say something. 

My diagnosis last October was a total game changer. It’s changed the whole of my life completely. I don’t know what I’ll be doing for employment after this burnout completes itself, but I know my life will never be the same again. Never again will I try to fit in so now, I’m just letting my life unfold and I’ll see where it takes me. I’ve got some ideas, but I know that my ideas might not be in line with loves ideas, so I take lead from that. But it’s fair to say, my life changed the instant I realised I was autistic. I’ve never been so happy in all of my life. I’ve got a place on this earth and I enjoy every minute of it. 

Children
  • Yeah, we’re the same but one of us has a body that is categorised as male and the other female. I never read this thread or commented for a long time because I simply don’t identify as female, I just don’t and it is disingenuous of me to do so. I have a female body, I don’t deny that but it is only female because it is physically made that way, I don’t feel that way inside. I had never thought of drawing my own box before, next to the male and female ~ nice one, I’ll remember that. 

• To formally log your credentials and accurately... then I hope they’d cotton on. Gender neutrality or fluidity  is out there and people need to catch up and get up to date

• I sometimes leave it blank. I think it is a good idea to draw my own box. Would that be appropriate in formal documents?

• Psst.... next time, draw your own box! Wink 

• I have always problems with application forms. They often ask for the gender and offers only two choices - Male - Female.

I do not like this question. Often, it is not needed. It does not make any difference.

I also do not know which to choose - Male or Female. Although, I am more Male. I am also a bit Female I think. There is no one right answer.

I heard that in Canada, they are going to remove the Sex from the passports.

I guess, I would like to have Neutral gender.

• ....we are sometimes at risk of ignoring the commonality of our humanity and experiences 

• There is such a keenness in society to categorise people... and I guess that this thread is guilty of that to some extent... society categorises on difference ...

• I sometimes think which toilet I should use male or female. I am sometimes confused. Honestly. Not sure why!

I really do not like to see other men in toilets. I feel extremely uncomfortable then. I always try to go there when I would be alone. If not, I do not go there.  If I see another man coming in, I run quickly out. Why is that?

I would prefer female toilets, I guess. Not sure. Have not been there.

• I don’t identify as a men, even though I’ve got a male body, I don’t particularly identify as a woman either. Where am I?

I have got a male body and I love it. I have always got on better with women than men.

• It’s the greatest journey of your life. Welcome on board Grin the more the merrier! 

• I have also got on better understanding the male rather than the female brain. However I have been physically and emotionally hurt more by men now rather than women. But hurt by both.

my journey has began loving myself without being depenedent on appeasing others

• I have got a female body and I love it and I sure do have some fun using it at times. I have always got on better with men than women, so I guess I have more of a male brain. I had accepted myself spiritually, prior to my realisation of autism and the instant I realised I was autistic, I accepted the physical aspect of myself as well. I’ve never understood humans and I certainly didn’t identify as one, with all their weirdness with the conditional love and stuff like that, but now I know I’m human as well, just a bit different, I accept myself completely and life is a whole new adventure. I’m loving it and I love how I can now play the autism card so I don’t have to attend things like family weddings and parties. I used to find them so draining and now I don’t have to attend. It’s so liberating. I can now get people to do the things I can’t do, instead of struggling with them. The realisation of autism has opened up a whole new world for me. I can live on the physical plane, because I’ve got a physical body, but I don’t have to be of it, I don’t have to acknowledge it’s rules etc, I can just be me. How refreshing. I’m excited to see where life takes me. 

• Female body? , male brain? 

Glad your looking into the eyes of tranformation, self acceptance, realisation... we all need to learn to accept ourselves on our terms