Benefits and Work

News items from the latest 'Benefits and Work' newsletter.  They may be of interest to anyone on ESA, PIP:

Benefits and Work Latest News

Parents
  • I am in a process of applying for Personal Independence Payment.

I also might be eligible for Employment and Support Allowance. I am in work but really struggling there.

I am wondering, it is worth to subscribe for Benefits and Work Claimants and carers subscription plan?

Do they have information that is not available elsewhere for free? Can I find the same information elsewhere online for free?

Would the website be helpful if I am claiming because of autism related issues?

How good is their forum? Do they send from e-mail notifications?

• I’ve subscribed, I’ve had a quick look over their info and it looks very good. I won’t read it in any more detail until the time comes that I need to. I’m currently in receipt of universal credit but my work coach assured me they would do an assessment on me soon so when I get word of that, then I’ll read the info so I’m prepared. 

• I was told by the Department for Work and Pensions that they prefer people to be in work.

Apparently, it does not matter at what cost to their health and how happy they are there.

I can do only the minimum there. I have no resources and energy for anything more.

Employment and Support Allowance would help me a lot but I cannot get assessed if I am in work.

And if I leave the work, I do not know if I will get it.

So, I am stuck.

• There are tons of opportunities to work from home on line. It depends what you want to do. Do you simply want to make a decent income, if so, that’s one route to take. Or do you want to do something more meaningful to you.

I would prefer something more meaning to me but at the moment I would be more than happy with a decent income. I am so tired to be around people every day and in open plan office. It is like torture to me. I am so tired. I just want to be alone.

It is amazing that you are writing that there are tons of opportunities to work from home on line. I do not see them. Where are they?

I think I already know what I would like to do.

I like computers. I enjoy working with computers.

I am confident with Microsoft Windows operating systems, Microsoft Office (word processing skills and able to develop and use excel spreadsheets, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote, Publisher, Skype for Business and Visio).

I like to work with databases and spreadsheets.

I have got a very strong interest in data analysis, IT, mathematics, data security and compliance. I am especially interested in cyber security and defense.

• Dear California,

You sound like you are going through a tough time. You sound like you have a lot to cope with and we hope you’re okay.

If you are struggling to cope with the distress or despair, it’s very important to tell someone about your feelings or thoughts of suicide. Call your GP and make an urgent appointment. Your GP can make sure you get appropriate help and support.

If it’s outside your GP hours call  111  to reach the NHS 111 service: http://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/AboutNHSservices/Emergencyandurgentcareservices/Pages/NHS-111.aspx

The Samaritans also provide confidential non-judgemental emotional support, 24 hours a day on 116 123, or by email on jo@samaritans.org.

MIND have information pages on coping with self harm or suicidal feelings based on the experiences of people who’ve been through it that you may find helpful.

If you are very close to doing something to hurt yourself - call 999 now or go to your nearest A&E department. There should be someone there to support you and make sure you get ongoing support.

Best wishes,

Nicky-Mod

• Dear California,

You sound like you are going through a tough time. You sound like you have a lot to cope with and we hope you’re okay.

If you are struggling to cope with the distress or despair, it’s very important to tell someone about your feelings or thoughts of suicide. Call your GP and make an urgent appointment. Your GP can make sure you get appropriate help and support.

If it’s outside your GP hours call  111  to reach the NHS 111 service: http://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/AboutNHSservices/Emergencyandurgentcareservices/Pages/NHS-111.aspx

The Samaritans also provide confidential non-judgemental emotional support, 24 hours a day on 116 123, or by email on jo@samaritans.org.

MIND have information pages on coping with self harm or suicidal feelings based on the experiences of people who’ve been through it that you may find helpful.

If you are very close to doing something to hurt yourself - call 999 now or go to your nearest A&E department. There should be someone there to support you and make sure you get ongoing support.

Best wishes,

Nicky-Mod

Children
No Data