I want to understand about autistic adults difficulties which they face in workplace.

Hello everyone,

I am postgraduate student and I am working on a project to understand about

difficulties faced by autistic adults in their day to day life particularly in workplace.

By research, I came to know that autistic adults are facing a lot of problems in workplace,

but I am not clear about what exact problems they face. I want to create awareness

about their problems in offices so that they get maximum support at workplace. By doing so,

the gap between autistic adults and their colleagues may disappear.

Hopefully, everyone will start understanding them better. If anyone knows about it,

could you please help me in understanding about their problems?

Parents
  • Most people in the workplace form informal cliques.  Autistics are either unaware of this informal social gathering or unaware how to join in.

Then there's workplace bullying in all it's forms.  How to deal with it without violence or leaving the job entirely.

Small talk and gossip.  A bleeding mystery!!!!!!??????

Norms of social behaviour such as coffee making, sharing and other things most people take for granted. Autistics haven't a clue.  Need to learn each unspoken and unwritten rule at a time.

• Thanks Robert for sharing your experience with me and telling me about the problems you faced at workplace. I have also noticed that people form cliques. I feel that its everywhere. In schools, colleges, offices, everywhere people form informal cliques. That must be surely annoying for you. I understand.

You mentioned about bullying which is horrifying to me. Its really sad. I am sorry about it. I would surely highlight this point in my project. 

• Thanks Robert for sharing your experience with me and telling me about the problems you faced at workplace. I have also noticed that people form cliques. I feel that its everywhere. In schools, colleges, offices, everywhere people form informal cliques. That must be surely annoying for you. I understand.

You mentioned about bullying which is horrifying to me. Its really sad. I am sorry about it. I would surely highlight this point in my project. 

Children
No Data