Asperger's, Asperger Syndrome not...

Asberger, Asperges, Aspergees, Assburgers, Aspegees, Asbeegees etc. (Those were just a few I found in less than a minute of looking, there are probably many more)

Ok, so this has been bothering me for a while, if we have a condition, we're supposed to have some form of medical diagnosis and know what it is called. It's not a burger made of donkey, it's not an autistic version of the Bee Gees, it's either Asperger's, Asperger Syndrome or Higher Functioning Autism Spectrum Disorder. 

I accept that some people seem to get their/there/they're consistently wrong, some people write in text speak, get confused between weather and whether, was, were and what messed up. But there is no homophone or variation of Asperger's, there is no Ass Burger to get it confused with, there is no As Bee Gees, there is no Ass Pee Gees, it's hardly rocket science!

</rant over>

Parents
  • please can I at least offer you an aspie hug to calm your mind? ().

a true aspergian offer of friendship from one asperian to another ass burger. Lol.x()x 

• Thank you, normally I don't do hugs but I think virtual ones might be good  ()  That was probably the least painful hug I've ever given anyone!

(When i first told my partner about my Asperger's he actually thought I'd said Ass Burger  :(  shows you how much we knew about ASD until a month ago!)

• Thank you, normally I don't do hugs but I think virtual ones might be good  ()  That was probably the least painful hug I've ever given anyone!

(When i first told my partner about my Asperger's he actually thought I'd said Ass Burger  :(  shows you how much we knew about ASD until a month ago!)

Children
  • She is lovely, I've 'met' her a few times on here and she always posts really interesting replies - especially really useful links which I'm still learning how to do. In fact, everyone I've met on here has been nice and all have been so helpful with us 'newbies' despite the fact that it must get annoying being asked the same questions time after time every time someone new joins. I can never remember everyone's names but it's nice to see familiar people on here every time I visit. Everyone's so different but I think that's what makes it feel like a 'real' community.  

• i have never hugged,in reality I hated aunties hugging me as a child,I have started trying to hug if I truly feel like I want to, even mates at work, I do it in a fun way, really I just want to show my appreciation for them helping me that day,or just for being nice about something.

virtual hugs started here with me feeling able to as I allowed myself to express my inner emotions to come out unhindered.

i quite often bump into Disallowed Cynosure late at night,great person, ssshhh don’t tell her I said that, but she is very nice.

x()x