Bells, Buzzers and Ringing

Does anyone have problems with these sounds?

I've had panic attacks from thesee sounds for decades.

I hear a buzzer or a ringing sound, I may be the door or the telephone. I panic, my heart starts a rapid irregular beat, I sweat and generally panic/don't know what to do.

I've changed my phone ringtone to less threatening music.

I sometimes wake up instantly at night when I imagine a buzzer or ringing.   I check, there is no one at the door!  The phone has not rang!

Do others here have these problems.  Confounded

Parents
  • The phone ringing doesn't bother me, but a sound I really dislike is the clatter of plates and other crockery. I hate it even on a cookery programme or as background noise on a radio advert, and have to turn it down. (no, it isn't an excuse to get out of washing up, because I still do that.) It seems to echo through my head for an implausibly long time afterwards.

• The phone ringing doesn't bother me, but a sound I really dislike is the clatter of plates and other crockery. I hate it even on a cookery programme or as background noise on a radio advert, and have to turn it down. (no, it isn't an excuse to get out of washing up, because I still do that.) It seems to echo through my head for an implausibly long time afterwards.

Children
No Data