Bells, Buzzers and Ringing

Does anyone have problems with these sounds?

I've had panic attacks from thesee sounds for decades.

I hear a buzzer or a ringing sound, I may be the door or the telephone. I panic, my heart starts a rapid irregular beat, I sweat and generally panic/don't know what to do.

I've changed my phone ringtone to less threatening music.

I sometimes wake up instantly at night when I imagine a buzzer or ringing.   I check, there is no one at the door!  The phone has not rang!

Do others here have these problems.  Confounded

Parents
  • Yeah, I’m the same. Even the rattle of my letter box sets me off. I need to get that fixed! I can’t stand alarm clocks, they’re like the height of violence to me. I don’t like clocks ticking and spend most of my time in silence. I can’t understand people who like constant noise. Even the noises that houses make from electricity etc are too much for me. I can’t wait until I’m living in nature in my converted van. I want only to hear the sweet sounds of nature. I’ve just got to figure out how I’m going to make my money to get me from here to there. Well, I don’t have to figure it out, it will be revealed to me. 

• Yeah, I’m the same. Even the rattle of my letter box sets me off. I need to get that fixed! I can’t stand alarm clocks, they’re like the height of violence to me. I don’t like clocks ticking and spend most of my time in silence. I can’t understand people who like constant noise. Even the noises that houses make from electricity etc are too much for me. I can’t wait until I’m living in nature in my converted van. I want only to hear the sweet sounds of nature. I’ve just got to figure out how I’m going to make my money to get me from here to there. Well, I don’t have to figure it out, it will be revealed to me. 

Children
No Data