TV programme on Repair your Brain.

I watched a programme last Tuesday on January 30th 2018 Channel 4 10PM  on Repair Your Brain on Channel 4.  I wonder if any of you watched it.  It seemed like Science Fiction but it is true.  It described how a man had his emotions turned on so was supposedly cured of his Autism.  He went to the other extreme and his wife divorced him.   Someone on face book who had that treatment found it disturbed him and most of the effects wore off.  They do something quickly to your brain and it changers the personality of the individual.  I think this treatment should only be used as a very last resort as it can have dangerous side effects.

What do others think? You can google the programme.  You can also watch it on your computer I Player but you have to register with Channel 4 and they will only let you watch it if you are over sixteen.  That programme shows surgical procedures so it could  be upsetting for children.  Anyway every body on this forum is over sixteen so is entitled to watch it after registering with Channel 4..

Parents
  • Was it America?!  I don't think I can watch it, too disturbing in many ways for me. 

It sounds very dangerous and irresponsible thing to do. 

• Yes this programme showed the USA and Bristol England.  It is rather frightening but it is good idea to watch so you know what the future holds.  As for children under sixteen watching it I do not think this programme is any worse than the daily news which shows lots of killings.  It does not apply to us as we are all should be over sixteen.

• Thanks David

It's just the concept of them messing around with the brain with magnets, it strikes me as rather horrific and I am not sure that I could watch it.  The Chris Packham programme when the guy in America was hooked up to lots of wires on his head, I found that concept quite unnerving. 

I am in a catch 22 now, don't want to watch it but I have to see it now to quash the catastrophic horrors being constructed in my mind about it!  Contrary?! 

• Well it is good to know what life might be like in fifty or hundred years time even if we are not around then.   At one college we did Future Shock in Liberal studies.

• it's just the concept of messing with the brain that's messing with my brain

I get what you are saying but this concept really freaks me out, not good for my anxieties and catastrophic thinking.

Reply Children